Director of Product, Berlin
Join Affinity and be part of the future of identity: secure, portable and controlled by the individual.
Affinity empowers individuals and organisations with ownership and control of their verifiable data, to unlock value across borders and platforms.
Leveraging on the building blocks that Affinity provides, trusted institutions and entities can issue verifiable credentials to users, which can in turn be shared with other applications to access services in an open and interoperable ecosystem.
Currently undergoing development are two applications that leverage Affinity’s technology – Trident, a curated B2B marketplace and trade platform connecting verifiable, international partners for seamless cross-border trade; and Good Worker, an online job matching platform for seasonal workers and employers in India.
Affinity, along with the applications Trident and Good Worker, are seeded by Temasek, a global investment company headquartered in Singapore 🇸🇬
We are building a motivated and entrepreneurial team who is passionate about identity, decentralization and technology to make this happen.
We are looking for a Director of Product to lead our newly created Berlin Tech Hub. You’ll partner with our CTO and be hiring, developing and leading a team of diverse Engineers, Product Managers and Designers.
What you’ll do:
– Lead the product strategy and delivery for the Berlin Tech Hub
– Hire, manage and develop a diverse team of Product Managers and UX / UI Designers
– Balance MVP mindset with building for scale in defining the path to market
– Articulate a clear vision, strategy, and roadmap for the product offering based on deep understanding and insights of the identity ecosystem and landscape
– Validate product hypotheses through market experiments (surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, A/B testing, etc.)
– Identify, engage, and build the right ecosystem partnerships working with go-to-market teams
– Influence cross-functional engineering, business / go-to-market, and operational teams to support scale-up of Affinity
– Communicate vision and progress to stakeholders at all levels (e.g. GM, sponsors, Board, project teams, partners)
– Inform key strategic, financial, and operational decisions for the Board (e.g. strategy, budget, etc.)
– Apply appropriate methodologies (design thinking, lean, agile, etc.) and best practices to provide appropriate structure for effective execution
– Develop deep understanding of user friction points
– Identify the right north star and associated metrics so we can deliver on a bold vision
You should apply if:
– You’re an experienced Product Leader and have led at least 3 cross function squads
– You love working in a start-up environments where things move fast and you have lots of autonomy
– You’re all about the positive transformation of environments
– You’ve got a track record of developing and launching software products from the ground up that delight users
– You know how to work and lead cross functionally influencing Product, Engineering and Design
– You’re obsessed with user-centric design, lean startup and Agile software development (but are not dogmatic when it comes to process)
– You’re comfortable when it comes to influencing stakeholders at a variety of levels (inc Execs and Board)
– You’re metrics focused and use them to measure your success and ensure you deliver on time
– You build cultures that are inclusive and where everyone can belong
– You know how to work with distributed teams
– You’ve got an understanding and passion for marketplace companies and technology
Bonus points if:
– You have worked with Blockchain technology
– You have domain expertise working with decentralised identity solutions
Here is the interview process for this role:
– 30m interview with one of our Talent Team or Recruitment Partners
– 1h interview with our Chief Product Officer
– Case study to complete at home in preparation for final interview
– 3/4hs of multiple interviews with a variety of people including our CPO, CTO, Leads and CEO (this may be split into two)
We can be flexible with the structure if someone’s circumstances or timescales require it for good reason, just let us know!
Please reach out if you have any specific requirements so we can be as accommodating as possible for you.