We are a fintech startup, working in an area ripe for disruption: accounting and bookkeeping. CANDIS uses machine learning to automate tedious financial processes (think: collecting invoices, data entry, pre-account assignment, and payments) for small and medium-sized companies. We use Machine Learning to automate accounting processes, automate accounting workflows, and empower companies with real-time data and insights to make better financial choices.
We live by one simple phrase: YES WE CANDIS!
YES: Positive Thinking & Persistence – “Optimists find solutions, pessimists find problems.” And we know: there is always a solution.
WE: Collaboration & Humanity – The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We act as a company, but respect each person. We are empathetic and humble.
CAN: Learning & Improving – “Try. Learn. Improve.” We accept that we do not know everything and act fast to become better.
DIS: Focus & Ownership – We execute with clear focus and make sure that tasks are delivered.
About the Role:
Our product teams are empowered to solve hard problems – customer problems and business problems – in ways that our customers love, yet work for our business. We work cross-functionally, ideally with a product manager, a product designer, and several engineers.
We build our teams with the skills necessary to find effective solutions that are valuable (our customers choose to buy or use), viable (the solution works within the many constraints of the business), usable (the user can figure out how to use) and feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement). While the product designer is accountable for ensuring the solution is usable, and the engineers are accountable for ensuring the solution is feasible, the product manager is accountable for ensuring the solution is both valuable and viable.
The role, based in our Berlin office, will involve working closely within this cross-functional framework to shape the future of accounting and finance in Europe. If accounting was invented today, what would it look like? You will be building the product roadmap for your team and enabling them to work independently to deliver better product, faster, while continuously seeking out and identifying new market opportunities.
Your team will be tasked with improving the capture experience for our customers. The roadmap you come up with might include:
- Using a mix of Machine Learning and customer feedback through visual data entry to create fully automatic templates to read out invoices.
- Creating a plan to shape a joint roadmap with our OCR Provider by looking at the current correction rates for fields we extract.
- Envisioning and testing the ideal capture experience for market growth. Working together with sales and marketing, you will validate demand to identify the next market intervention to unlock further growth.
- Establishing your own product discovery process with weekly customer touch points while identifying new opportunities and co-creating the product experience with customers.
You care deeply about defining, collecting, and measuring key product metrics. You work every day on things like developing new features, analyzing, and prioritizing backlog and bugs. You are a shepherd for the innovation process, guiding the project and seeking team consensus in the decision-making process.
You are technical-focused at heart but also love closely communicating with customers in German. You have previously aced product owner or manager roles with direct product ownership, worked with software development teams on a daily basis, driven product betas and roll-out processes, and have a strong understanding of applications and web services. You understand good code quality and what it takes to achieve that.
- Experience in agile concepts and agile product development (Scrum, Kanban, Jira, etc.)
- Solid understanding of UX design and user-centric product development
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert communication skills with fluency in English and German
- A creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial mindset
Nice to Have:
- A technical understanding of Continuous Integration and Delivery, feature flagging, and tools like SQL and Salesforce
- Experience in the world of accounting and finance, particularly when it comes to topics like compliance, financial data, and data security
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
Don’t worry about formalities. We care about you and your motivation – not the font size of your CV. We know that perfect candidates don’t exist, so even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you!
Feel free to contact us via e-mail, give us a call, drop by the office, or send a pigeon our way. We’re looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂