Do you have a passion for meeting user needs?
Do you want to make a real difference shaping ground-breaking data and analysis products, for the 2021 UK Census and cross-government Integrated Data Platform?
Would you thrive working in a collaborative, fast paced environment?
Want to be an integral part of a complex programme which is being mobilised at pace?
We’re looking for Passionate Digital Product Managers and Senior Digital Product Managers to join our expanding team.
About The Role
A product manager is responsible for the quality of their products. They use their knowledge of user needs and business goals to frame problems and set priorities for their delivery teams.
• define and own the vision and scope for their product and engage their teams and stakeholders in the development of that vision over time
• are the key contact for stakeholders, keeping people informed about the development of their products (e.g. through roadmaps and show and tells) and promote their uptake
• be the voice of their users; reviews research, feedback, data and insights to inform continuous improvement and lead user research and business analysis on their product(s)
• owns the backlog and leads definition, priority and refinement of stories to ensure they are of sufficient quality to easily pass through research design and development (with support from business analysts where appropriate)
• ensures that a successful and sustainable balance of investigation & research, new features and continuous improvement is prioritised for each iteration;
• signs off stories as “done” and is responsible for the quality of their product, ensuring the Digital by Default Service Standard is achieved for product and quality related points
• works, and develops positive relationships with, the entire multidisciplinary team and takes the views of the team into account when making product decisions;
Works closely with:
• the Delivery Manager, who will ensure plans are realistic, resources are in place and blockers are removed;
• the Tech Lead and Solutions Architect to ensure that the product vision is supported by the technology choices
• works in the open and models transparency internally and externally, e.g. through show and tells and internal blogging