I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Consumer Revenue Product team at Meredith Digital defines and delivers the commerce, paid products and affiliate strategies for premium brands such as Allrecipes.com, People, Better Homes & Gardens, Martha Stewart, Shape, Parents, etc. We seek a passionate, skilled leader to help define and evolve a strategy for how Meredith can create compelling products and offerings that motivate users to share their data and/or make a purchase. The ideal candidate must evangelize and deliver upon a roadmap that drives our digital experiences to new levels of consumer engagement, while driving the team to deliver on bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly goals. This role will report to the SVP Product & Technology.
You must be a leader in understanding DTC conversion funnels as well as rev-share models, and how features and products can best be delivered within our sites to optimize both revenue and the user experience. Further, you must be comfortable defining and driving our app strategy for both existing apps (Cozi, Cooking Light Diet, Dinner Spinner) and new.
You will have oversight of a product management team and will determine the roadmap and priorities for our engineering organization. We are looking to build engaging experiences around our brands, which excite users and deliver differentiated experiences which align with business strategy and identified opportunities across the portfolio.
You will be responsible for working with stakeholders across the company and across brands to understand goals as well as communicating the roadmap and the results of all efforts and initiatives. The ideal candidate is collaborative in his/her approach to internal stakeholders, but skilled at ruthless prioritization based on data, forecasting and market sizing.
The ideal candidate has the ability to reliably forecast impact and win the hearts and minds of many stakeholders with potentially competing priorities to ensure the team is allocating resources to the most materially impactful initiatives. We are looking for a product leader that knows how to get things done and has a proven ability to do so within a large organization.
II. Essential Job Functions
Vision and Strategic Leadership
- Define, articulate and champion the product vision to teams, peers, stakeholders and executives
- Communicate a clear vision to senior executives and other stakeholders that simplifies complexity and generates excitement
- Drive increased revenue per visit by optimizing site experience and increasing conversions via best-in-class customer journeys
Implement new site functionality and feature initiatives: identify, recommend and oversee implementation of solutions to drive consumer revenue
- Define goals and KPIs for short-term and long-term results and drive the team to achieve them
Establish and maintain the roadmap for all consumer revenue initiatives across all platforms (desktop, mobile, app and voice), and drive prioritization decisions
- Maintain strong relationships with key business partners and senior executives to ensure product plans are aligned with company objectives/plans
- Maintain a deep understanding of consumer behaviors, the competitive landscape and technology trends to shape strategic decisions, plans and priorities
- Develop a strong team: making recruiting, training and ongoing coaching a top priority
Product Management Oversight and Practices
- Stay current on all the leading Product Management tools, principles and practices, and advocate for continuous improvement that makes sense for the organization
- Lead and facilitate organized and productive meetings with all levels of the organization
- Partner with leaders in User Experience, Business, Sales and Engineering to establish and refine leaner, more iterative and collaborative processes across the full product development lifecycle
- Provide prioritization decisions and oversight on multiple initiatives
- Monitor and communicate performance against goals; identify and drive improvement opportunities
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
BA/BS Degree required
10+ years’ experience in product management or related field
5+ years’ experience managing direct reports
Experience with scrum development processes
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate about web/technology
Familiar with the app ecosystem (iOS, Android)
Excited about the intersection of consumers and monetization strategies
- Capable of conceiving product strategies which can serve both high touch enterprise customers, and scale to drive economies of scale at the lower end
- Persuasive communicator – able to explain complex or intangible concepts to stakeholders at all levels
Good listener – weighs input from multiple perspectives when forming opinions and recommendations
- Collaborative and team oriented work approach
- Experience gaining consensus among a large, diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience managing, training and mentoring others in Product
- Management methodologies and best practices
- Able to easily motivate and inspire team members, peers, stakeholders and executives
- Innovative; thinks beyond boundaries
- Analytical; solves problems at root cause and prioritizes effectively
- Continuous improvement mentality; never satisfied
- Comfortable speaking to large audiences
- Can be called on to speak with customers. Comfortable working with sales on customer calls
- Flexible and open-minded; proactively seeks input from others
Entrepreneurial drive and spirit; enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
% Travel Required (Approximate):10