We are seeking a seasoned SaaS expert to lead our Growth product teams to new heights!
As a Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for shaping the product vision and strategy for various areas of Vendasta’s own world-class, end-to-end e-commerce platform, and specifically, leading Vendasta’s product-led go-to-market strategy. You will drive highly collaborative and cross functional initiatives across the division in order to acquire, activate, and retain and grow our partners and their customers. You are customer-centric and data informed. You value quality work but are committed to agility and iterative development, releasing customer value often, and constantly measuring your impact. You experiment and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. You champion a growth-culture amongst all Product Managers in the division, and your strong communication skills allow you to collaborate effectively with leadership, design, engineering, sales, marketing, and client success to deliver the most value to our partners and their customers.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in SaaS, and in leading cross-functional projects in the intersection of design, technology and business. They will set the direction for product development and delivery, balancing user experience, revenue generation and technical considerations.
- Work with divisional GM to define and communicate clear goals, strategies, and results for product management
- Build and lead a strong team of Product Managers dedicated to achieving Vendasta’s overall goals for business growth through constant product innovation, market research, and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Manage to OKRs (objectives and key results) with Product Managers to communicate functional goals, follow up on progress, as well as encourage and assist with professional development
- Perform as both Product Management and as a consultant to senior management and key stakeholders in your area of expertise and in support of product launch efforts
- Perform business & financial analysis, monitoring, and reporting to build business cases and justify expenditures for building products.
- Lead and contribute company-wide in a way that is consistent with the organization’s thoughts on agile and product management
Strategy & Growth
- Collaborate with divisional GM in broader strategic planning of Vendasta’s Product-Led go-to-market strategy
- Act as a product advocate & champion and/regularly communicate product roadmap and development schedules to all relevant internal stakeholders
- Work with Product Managers to ensure the creation and implementation of products are designed to grow the business, assigning tasks and deliverables as need be
- Coordinate and execute market research programs, developing business cases to support each business opportunity, and communicate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- Develop a strategic understanding of Vendasta’s user personas and the larger target markets and evolving trends in order to drive product evolution
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in Product Management
- 5+ years experience managing teams in an R&D or SaaS setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Computer Science/Engineering (considered an asset)
- Ability to lead and inspire confidence in your team and customers while dealing with uncertainty, resource constraints, and Agile software development
- Highly collaborative leader with the ability to build and lead a team to work effectively in a fast-paced, energetic and high growth environment
- Experience driving cross-functional product initiatives that yielded clear user and business outcomes
- Demonstrated track record in defining product strategy and establishing a clear set of product principles
- Proven ability to prioritize features, write user stories, and work directly with various cross-functional groups
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to articulate technology and product positioning to internal, external, customer, and prospective business audiences
- A proven leader: empathetic and collaborative; able to understand different point of views and have others see things from your perspective