FutureLearn is Europe’s fast growing education marketplace, featuring high quality online short courses, microcredentials and degrees from over 150 of the world’s leading universities and industry brands. Our purpose is to transform access to education, through making it more affordable, flexible and social. We help our 12m+ learners build skills for today and tomorrow.
We’re looking for a dynamic and collaborative Senior Product Manager who has a wealth of expertise in high growth marketplace products, who can lead a cross-functional team working within our consumer area.
You will help us scale and innovate and create a real impact at a time where the world needs new and innovative approaches to delivering relevant education to millions.
The Senior Product Manager will lead one of our cross functional teams within the consumer area, which focuses on our discovery experience, converting learners into paying customers and activation and engagement.
They will work closely with others in the consumer side of the business including marketing and content teams. The role reports to the Group Product Manager (Consumer).
At FutureLearn, product managers empower teams to delivery value by:
- Understanding problems and opportunities through data, user research, competitor analysis running experiments and interactions with the business
- Planning how best to approach delivering maximum impact both within the sprint and over the longer term using the resources available
- Leading and motivating the team to efficiently ship and iterate product features and ensuring they are unblocked
- Communicating the vision for their part of the product and keeping everyone informed and aligned with direction and progress
- Senior product managers are expected to take on more complex, less well defined problems with more stakeholder interaction and help coach other members of the team.
- 5+ years of experience in product management leading end-to-end product development and empowering teams working in a collaborative cross functional environment
- You have delivered high-growth consumer facing products that successfully attract, convert and retain users
- You have a commercial mindset and are conversant in conversion funnels, AB testing, user research and ecommerce technologies and approaches
- You work in a highly collaborative way with a heavy emphasis on teamwork and leading through influence; you empower teams to deliver the best solutions to problems and opportunities
- You are curious, open to learn, adapt fast and resilient in a fast moving environment
- You are a clear communicator. You can articulate a clear and compelling vision and get people across the organisation to buy into your vision and approach
- You are able to zoom in and obsess about small details that benefit learners and course creators
- You are data and insights driven and used to synthesising user research and analytics to decide an approach and get buy in from the team and stakeholders You are results-oriented and rigorous about measuring impact
- You are passionate about learning, transforming access to education and the opportunity that it creates to improve people’s lives
28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
Westfield Healthcare Cash Plan
Free access to Calm app
Dedicated personal learning & development budget
Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
Cycle to work scheme
Season Ticket loan
Flexible working environment/hours
Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)