About The Job:
We empower our product teams to solve hard problems – user and business problems – in ways that our customers love and work for our business. Our product teams generally comprise a product manager, a product designer, and several engineers.
The Fulfilment Team’s ultimate mission is to make sure food is delivered in perfect condition, on-time, accurately, and with swift resolution of issues. We achieve that by surfacing critical delivery information to the right people, while ensuring the logistics works flawlessly.
As Product Manager for the Fulfilment Team, you will contribute solid knowledge of various parts of the business – namely needs and constraints from operations, commercial, and finance departments.
You will also bring deep knowledge of our users and customers, and insights about how people use our products in their lives, to steer the team’s direction.
Finally, we expect Product Managers to track industry trends and the competitive landscape around their products.
While we empower our product teams to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold those teams accountable to the results. Shipping is necessary, but not the end of the story. You should not be afraid of owning results, even when this involves influencing outside your team to achieve them.
We believe innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are on the bleeding edge of possibility. As such, we’re seeking people that bring different life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences to our team. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.
Who is City Pantry?
We are City Pantry, and we’re on a mission to change the way people work – both in the office and at home. We believe that good food helps people work closer, however far apart. So, now more than ever, we need a team of passionate people to drive our mission forward and make working life better, one meal at a time. And we need people like you to be a part of our food revolution.
We are delivering thousands of meals every day across the UK to some of the world’s most iconic brands – Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Spotify and Buzzfeed, to name a few. We’re working with a world of kitchens, over 600 of the best boutique chefs, street vendors, specialist caterers, iconic restaurants and supper clubs in the UK.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of product discovery and product delivery.
- 2 years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher.
- Experience in owning and evolving high volume, business-critical information e.g. delivery updates, transactional data, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to layout your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
Nice to have:
- Logistics-specific experience
- Internal tooling/Customer Care service design and/or process thinking
- Experience with building and maintaining API integrations
Our benefits are a little different due to being in Lockdown.Here’s what you can expect from us right now;
- Unlimited holiday (yes, actually)
- Flexible Working Hours (we encourage regular breaks and being AFK to support your wellbeing)
- £2000 annual development allowance for you to spend on learning new things
- Weekly virtual Yoga, Pilates to keep you in shape!
- Regular social activities like virtual escape rooms, Bingo, Scavenger hunts + more
- Top of the range equipment to make sure you get your job done, properly
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sanctus Employee Wellbeing Sessions
- 20% off Santander Cycles (annual membership)
- Hackathons (We’ve coined the name Innov8 for ours – the team build amazing new ideas to make City Pantry even better and our teams lives easier from tiny ideas to real-life releases)
When we’re back in the office, you get all of the above +
- Free amazing food Monday, Wednesday and Friday from our amazing vendors London wide
- Regular company socials
- Five-A-Side Football
- (Almost) daily treats from our sweetest vendor partners
- Wellness programs