At Deem, we create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions, wherever they are. With the most intuitive, secure, and powerful travel solutions, companies save money, their employees stay connected, and everyone gets more done. That’s why more businesses are embracing Deem.
Deem is used by more than 50,000 corporate customers and plugs into the world’s largest travel management companies and expense providers. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is wholly owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Enterprise Holdings is one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of all other car rental companies, many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies, based on its annual revenues.
Job Description Summary
As a Product Owner, you will be part of a highly collaborative, cross-functional Agile team that delivers against overall Deem business goals and the product vision. The Product Owner’s primary role is to own and manage the Team Backlog in order to iteratively deliver software and maximize the value of the products created by the team. The Product Owner serves as the voice of the customer to the team, grooms features, defines stories, and prioritizes the work across sprints. Through the Agile methodology, the Product Owner will collaborate closely with other PMs/POs, Engineering, Product Designers, Business stakeholders, Dev Ops, and other key stakeholders.
The Product Owner is self-motivated, able to adjust to changing circumstances quickly, has strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills, and is seen as a leader within the team. Product Owners also contribute to the organization’s long-term vision, strategy and roadmap.
As a Product Owner, you will be for the end to end process and delivery of related features and commitments on behalf of your Agile team.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for articulating and translating the company’s vision and business goals into high-quality features, stories, and functional specifications
- Work closely with the product design team to develop world class digital experiences
- Work within the scrum team on a daily basis to set clear direction and expectations, articulate business requirements, remove roadblocks, and provide subject matter expertise through constant communication and collaboration with the development team, designers, and business stakeholders
- Own the team backlog and groom and prioritize existing work
- Proactively communicate progress, decisions, impediments, risks and release details
- Have an understanding of and an interest in the travel eco-system, as well as emerging digital technologies, and be able to introduce new and relevant ideas and capabilities
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a PM or PO role focusing on web/app-based products or services
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills.
- Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Drive to get things done — you love to Ship and exhibit tenacity in solving complex problems, finding resources and making them available when needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Teamwork skills essential
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively lead multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities-
- Comfortable with and adaptable to change. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- Experience with tools like Jira, Confluence, Miro, Trello, etc
- Experience with mobile apps and/or PWAs a plus
Deem Team members come from a variety of backgrounds and we are committed to creating a sense of inclusion and belonging for everyone. One of the ways we achieve this is by ensuring we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.