You can’t prevent every employee relations issue. But you can control how your organization responds. Achieve consistency in the way you track, investigate, and analyze with HR Acuity — the employee relations case management solution. We empower you with structure, content, and tools around documentation, investigations, and analytics in ways that provide accurate, reliable, and uniform experiences for your people. All with software that equips you with built-in expertise to make best practice your process. HR Acuity. Because in today’s world, doing things the right way is your only option.
Come be a part of a close-knit team and help shape some of the most important aspects of HR Acuity as our new Senior Product Designer! You’ll be involved in the full product process, from discovery, conceptualization and validation through iteration of well-crafted and meaningful product features. You’ll apply your passion for tackling complex design problems while utilizing a full range of product, interaction, UX, prototyping and visual design skills.
You’ll create the next level of analytics dashboards and reporting to empower our customers to gain critical insights on their employee relations. You’ll design and test new workflows and features to grow our platform and significantly enhance how HR, employee relations, and managers conduct employee relations and investigations.
- Eat, sleep and breathe the employee relations industry, trends and user behaviors. Identify true user needs. Know the competition. Identify the whitespace. Become a subject matter expert.
- The ability to be both visionary and hands on.
- Create the next level of analytics dashboards and reporting, and new workflows and features.
- Be driven by user needs as defined by data, research, usability and best practices.
- Live in the user’s head, advocate for the customer’s needs, understand the product gaps and create solutions to make our customers’ lives easier and more effective.
- Run customer discovery/validation sessions, and help with beta and pilot programs with early-stage products.
- Produce end-to-end UX flows (storyboards, flowcharts, user-journeys, wireframes); Rapidly produce multiple concepts and testable prototypes.
- Craft elegant, functional visual/UI and interaction designs.
- Collaborate with team members to quickly prototype new features or experiences to get user feedback.
- Discuss your designs with engineers; create an understanding of how your designs are built and, if any, what technical limitations there are to work around.
- Refine our processes and help define our best practices for design.
- Ultimately, partner with product management, engineering and product management to bring the vision, roadmap and objectives to life, executing from conceptualization through launch.
- 4+ years hands-on experience designing for digital products and platforms (startup preferred).
- Education in interaction design or equivalent experience.
A strong online portfolio of relevant, user-centered design solutions.
- The curiosity of a scientist and the passion of an artist.
- Experience working in product design at a fast-growing startup on enterprise SaaS products.
- Experience working on analytics dashboards and reporting, with administrator and employee touch-points.
- A champion of Lean UX; you know when to create low-fi sketches and when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Strong user empathy and understanding of best in class UX and UI design.
- Ability to break down complex problems into steps in workflows and wireframes.
- Experience designing for multiple channels and touchpoints across the end-user journey.
- You know how to best conduct user interviews, observational studies, surveys, and remote user testing.
- The ability to work with incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs and turn them into solid action plans.
- Expertise with Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Suite, and you know when to use pen and paper, or whiteboards and markers to communicate your early ideas.
- A solid understanding of Design and Product team workflows.
- A curious and positive attitude; you’re a fast learner and incredibly self-motivated.
- Open to feedback and know when and how to defend design choices.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on user feedback, research, data and industry trends.
- Strong written, communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
- Experience working with a remote team, using the Agile methodology.
- Experience with basic web analytics.
HR Acuity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our team. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.