Learning Platform Product Owner
Fixed term (until December 2019) – Full time
Salary: £49,300 – £57,100
What it’s about
Based at our Head Office in Cambridge, we’re looking for a Learning Platform Product Owner to join the team to lead the design and development of a new platform providing online learning and support for students preparing to take our exams.
What you’ll be doing
In this role you’ll lead and motivate a cross-functional team and manage the development budget for delivering an innovative new platform, with a particular focus on empowering the learner, and helping them achieve their best possible result in the exam.
There is already a UX and design team working on defining the product vision. You’ll be responsible for taking ownership of it, validating this with customers and communicating it with all key stakeholders. In addition you will be part of any procurement, and development processes, responsible for the product backlog, benefit analysis, minimum viable product, prioritisation and acceptance criteria.
The Learning Platform Product Owner influences and advocates for future development based on a deep knowledge of our overall business strategy, relevant industry activity, and by building an excellent knowledge of our customers and their needs.
• Act as the product owner from discovery phase through to delivery and continued improvement.
• Work hands-on every day with a cross-functional team of designers, developers and researchers, look after the team’s backlog and facilitate prioritisation.
• Work closely with development partners and other related development streams to ensure excellent visibility and alignment.
• Own the product roadmap for delivering an excellent learning experience for users.
• Work with in-house and external experts to gather and share insights, learning from competitor analysis, user research and quantitative and qualitative data about learners and partners behaviour. This will include working closely with staff and leaders in our key markets to fully understand the customer need and expectation.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for creating excellent user experiences and easy to use, seamless customer journeys that deliver commercial value.
To be successful in this role, it is essential to work across teams and be highly collaborative, as you will be operating in a highly matrixed environment. You will have a great understanding of our customers and be able to strike a balance between customer and commercial needs, constantly re-prioritising features and functions effectively.
You’ll also understand the online leaning world. This platform is not a classic learning platform, but industry knowledge would be a big advantage in helping to make sure we build on the best current knowledge of what works and what doesn’t.
You’ll be a great influencer and you will be comfortable working under pressure, always endeavouring to make the best decisions for the customer and the business.
• Degree level qualification and industry experience to demonstrate a high level of skill in both the technical, and product ownership areas
• Experience overseeing development of complex, high performing sites with compelling user experience and high uptime
Ideally, you will be:
• Experienced in developing scope, epics, stories, and mapping to commercial outcomes
• Strongly focussed on User Experience
• Highly numerical/analytical with strong data analysis skills
• An experienced team leader
• Comfortable working with multiple teams
• Experienced in day-to-day, hands-on product ownership of both project teams and suppliers
• Used to working directly working with developers, designers and user researchers
• Willing to travel to work with our global partners, and key customers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
Who we are
Cambridge English Language Assessment (www.cambridgeenglish.org) is a division of Cambridge Assessment (www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk), a not-for-profit department of University of Cambridge. We develop and produce the most valuable range of qualifications for learners and teachers of English in the world. Over 5 million people in 130 countries take our exams every year. Around the world over 20,000 universities, employers, government ministries and other organisations rely on our exams and qualifications as proof of English language ability.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Corporate discounts on gym memberships and car rental
• Support for professional qualifications
This role can be classed as a secondment opportunity for internal candidates with approval from your line manager.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 16 January 2017 and interviews will be held on 30 January 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Please enter advert text
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER