Results and Recognition Service Product Owner
Fixed term (until December 2019) – Full time
What it’s about
Based at our Head Office in Cambridge, we’re looking for a Result and Recognition Service Product Owner to join the team to lead the design and development of a new platform for the results, recognition and verification service components of our assessment products.
What you’ll be doing
In this role you’ll lead and motivate a cross-functional team and manage the development budget for delivering improvements to the customer experience, with a particular focus on improving the service for the universities and other organisations who receive examination results directly from us in order to accept students on to their programmes.
You’ll be responsible for shaping and owning the high-level product vision for this platform, validating this with customers, and communicating it with all key stakeholders. In addition you will manage the product backlog, benefit analysis, minimum viable product, prioritisation and acceptance criteria.
The Results and Recognition Service Product Owner influences and advocates for future development based on a deep knowledge of our overall business strategy, relevant industry activity, and by building an excellent knowledge of this key user group and their needs.
• Act as the product owner from discovery phase through to delivery and continued improvement.
• Work hands-on every day with a cross-functional team of designers, developers and researchers, look after the team’s backlog and facilitate prioritisation
• Own the product roadmap for delivering an excellent results service to receiving organisations and other key stakeholders
• Work with the wider assessment delivery team to help evolve and improve our delivery process, methodology and product management practices
• Help ensure that we provide the most flexible, secure, trusted and effective service for receiving organisations.
• Identify opportunities that will make us more useful and valuable to our universities and other recognising partners.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for creating excellent user experiences and easy to use, seamless customer journeys that deliver commercial value.
To be successful in this role, it is essential to work across teams and be highly collaborative, as you will be operating in a highly matrixed environment. You will have a great understanding of our customers and be able to strike a balance between customer and commercial needs, constantly re-prioritising features and functions effectively.
You’ll also understand the sensitive environment of high-stakes examinations – the importance of reliability, security, validity and trust when working with qualifications that have a significant impact on individual opportunity.
You’ll be a great influencer and you will be comfortable working under pressure, always endeavouring to make the best decisions for the customer and the business.
You will be able to advocate strongly for your stakeholder group to ensure that we are able to exceed their expectations, now and into the future.
• Degree level qualification and industry experience to demonstrate a high level of skill in both the technical, and product ownership areas
• Experience overseeing development of complex, high performing data sites with high uptime
• Experience building relevant data platforms that support bulk content upload / download / data feeds
Ideally, you will be:
• Experienced in developing scope, epics, stories, and mapping to commercial outcomes
• Strongly focussed on User Experience
• Highly numerical/analytical with strong data analysis skills
• An experienced team leader
• Comfortable working with multiple teams
• Experienced in day-to-day, hands-on product ownership of both project teams and suppliers
• Used to working directly working with developers, designers and user researchers
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
Who we are
Cambridge English Language Assessment (www.cambridgeenglish.org) is a division of Cambridge Assessment (www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk), a not-for-profit department of University of Cambridge. We develop and produce the most valuable range of qualifications for learners and teachers of English in the world. Over 5 million people in 130 countries take our exams every year. Around the world over 20,000 universities, employers, government ministries and other organisations rely on our exams and qualifications as proof of English language ability.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Corporate discounts on gym memberships and car rental
• Support for professional qualifications
This role can be classed as a secondment opportunity for internal candidates with approval from your line manager.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 16 January 2017 and interviews will be held on 31 January 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER