Why work for us?
Are you a forward-thinking individual who wants to work at the cutting-edge of technology? Do you want to join a winning organization that is pioneering digital transformation around the globe? This is your opportunity to join the Flybits team today!
Named by LinkedIn Top Startups and Canadian Innovation Exchange Top 10 as one of the hottest high-growth global companies to work for in the country, Flybits enables our customers in financial services to provide hyper-personalized experiences through the power of data science and context-aware computing. Some of our recent accomplishments include:
Canada’s Top 50 Fintech Companies by Digital Finance Institute
2019 Technology Fast 50™ award winner by Deloitte Canada
LinkedIn Top 15 Startup
Canadian Innovation Exchange Top 10
Reporting to the VP of Product, you will work with cross-functional product teams (product managers, designers and engineers) to discover and deliver product/solutions that are valuable, feasible and viable for our business and customers. In this role, you must have strong technical knowledge, a keen eye for UX, a desire to work in quick iterations, and a motto to “build the right product, then build the product right”. We thrive on working with creative and critical thinkers who are passionate about delivering technology products that provide customer value while driving business results.
A successful candidate will possess a customer-centric mindset bolstered by technical and business acumen; act as a strategic thinker/creative problem-solver, effective/influential communicator/collaborator; and has a proven track record of discovering/delivering software products that delight users.
What will you do?
- Work with cross-functional product teams to discover and deliver products/solutions
- Serve as an SME on our product, business, target users/customers, industry (i.e. retail banking), and domain (competitor landscape; technology trends)
- Uncover and assess new product opportunities; address associated risks via product discovery and optimization techniques
- Combine both quantitative (metrics) and qualitative (user feedback) data to evolve products that meet Flybits’ business objectives and provide value to customers
- Support product delivery within cross-functional team while promoting a self-organizing team
- Empower and collaborate with the team on identifying solutions and prioritizing delivery based on your ability to uncover and assess product risks respectively
- Collaborate with Product Marketing on product, feature releases and sales enablement tactics
- Work closely with stakeholders across the company including Sales, Marketing and Senior Leadership teams to share, rationalize opportunities and make recommendation based on data
- Evangelize the product’s vision and strategy; empire the team and stakeholders that contribute to the product
Influence and inspire others through effective communication and collaboration
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- Previous software development experience in facilitating technical discussions for product, providing feedback and inputs in the technical and architectural design
- Strong professional product management experience in launching multiple successful products and/or features
Solid working knowledge and enthusiasm for dual-track agile (continuous discovery and delivery)
- You have a knack for knowing what customers want and uncovering their pain points
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills to rationalize and defend decisions using qualitative and quantitative data
- Excellent listener with a knack for asking good questions
Proactive, demonstrates initiative, strong at generating workable ideas
- Able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- You’re comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders across the organization and make sure every voice is heard
- Experience working as a technical product manager at a software company, scaling a Saas product for a global user base
- Familiarity with SQL and experience with database modeling or API design
- You have experience setting data-driven goals, with objective success metrics for your projects that your teams can rally behind
- B2B experience would be a plus
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse and global opportunities for professional development
- Internal training to support your growth and enhance your skills: learning and development budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes and other events
- Employee-led development programs
- Flexible remote working options
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Generous vacation policy
- Access to employer bonus and options programs
- Your choice between Mac and PC to customize your work station
Due to the current state with COVID-19, we will conduct all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom. Our intention is to respect everybody’s need for safety and adherence to social distancing.
Flybits empowers enterprises to connect with their customers more meaningfully through micro-personalized experiences, powered by contextual data. Flybits aggregates disparate sources of relevant public and proprietary data without technical hassle, enabling Fortune 500 organizations to build sophisticated and evolving customer engagement programs with ease. Leveraging unique and patent-protected AI and machine learning capabilities, experiences created through Flybits become increasingly effective in delivering success. From driving product awareness to offering virtual concierge-style services, enterprises across the globe are using Flybits to add significant value to the lives of their customers and preparing themselves for the new data economy.
Flybits is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment, recognition and advancement at Flybits are based solely on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We provide equal opportunity regardless of race (though currently we hire only humans), color, gender, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, age, religious affiliation (or lack thereof), sexual preference or orientation (or lack thereof), pregnancy status, medical condition, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will also make all reasonable accommodations to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and similar Canadian, State, and Provincial disability laws.