Technology can solve massive challenges, even the ones we haven’t yet imagined. But in 2018, poor quality software cost U.S. organizations $2.8 trillion. Promptworks raises the bar by building ingenious software that lasts. With deep technical expertise, human-centric design thinking, and transparent processes, we confidently engineer masterful products for companies such as Comcast, Twitter, Sony, URBN, IQVIA and Honeygrow.
About the position
We’re looking for just the right person to join our team and facilitate the delivery of high-quality results of a client’s product vision. Our PMs collaborate with engineers to translate client requirements into a technical backlog, manage the pace & priority of work, and communicate with our clients to champion business value with every sprint. Using agile best practices and techniques, PMs clarify product vision for our clients, bring out the best in our software engineering teams, and help improve our internal processes.
We hire passionate, pragmatic, intelligent, well-spoken, knowledge-hungry, fun-loving people. This is a full time position that is remote to start, and will transition on-site when it is safe to do so. Requires most days spent working in our Center City Philadelphia office, M – F standard working hours (with some flexibility).
About the ideal candidate
You love working directly with clients to understand, develop, release, and enhance elegant products that solve complex problems for real people. You are equally comfortable with design concepts, technical jargon, and agile methods, and collaborate skillfully with experts in those domains. You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into concrete steps that drive efficient, effective product development for clients, designers, and engineers to rally behind.
Candidates for this role should have five or more years of relevant experience, with preference to those with previous product experience.
- Champion client vision and priorities day-to-day
- Facilitate Agile process and events with clients and staff, including Sprint reviews and planning and daily stand-ups
- Turn clients’ big ideas into actionable user stories in collaboration with engineers, with detailed acceptance criteria and clear expectations
Track and monitor project budgets and keep Promptworks leadership and client informed on budget status
- Maintain ongoing communication with clients, keeping them informed of project and budget status as well as supporting account managers in ensuring overall client satisfaction
- Collaborate with team technical leads to guide clients through the trade-offs between their long-term and short-term goals balanced with the cost realities of development
- Prioritize and protect client’s budget, effectively communicating the impact of product decisions throughout the course of development to both client and team
- Document decisions made and communicate risk to client throughout the duration of the engagement
- Deliver messages confident in the team’s ability to achieve success on the project, especially in difficult situations
- Educate clients on our software development process, our Agile practices, and the nature of software (advising when appropriate)
- Support the sales team by gathering requirements and facilitating parts of the sales process
Required Skills Include
- 5+ years of related work experience, preferably in custom software development
- Proven ability to work directly with engineering, QA, design teams on the development and release of software
Confidence in agile software methodology (Scrum, Lean, Kanban, etc)
- Ability to gather high-level business requirements from clients and and translate ideas into actionable user stories
- Solid understanding of how to prioritize a backlog according to business value
- Experience with user acceptance testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, understanding how to tailor messaging to the audience
- A proactive approach to make timely decisions and unblock yourself and your team
- Experience identifying, mitigating, and escalating project risks
- Experience managing budgets and deadlines
Additional Valuable Experience
- Previous consulting experience a strong plus
- Product owner certification or business analyst experience a plus
The Promptworks team is currently 100% remote due to COVID-19. We do not plan to return to the office until city & state authorities authorize it is safe to do so.
Remote & In-office Team:
- Competitive salaries
- Bonuses and profit sharing
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 60% insurance coverage for spouses and dependents
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Schedule flexibility
- Flexible spending account for child and health care
- Yearly professional development allocation
- Commuter benefits & easy access to public transit
- Lunch provided twice a week
- On-site gym and intra-office recreational activities
- Bike-friendly office (shower and indoor bike parking)
- Monthly work-from-home days
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Promptworks is an organization committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We support and protect diversity by valuing individuals and groups free from prejudice, and by fostering a climate where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic. We hold ourselves accountable to this commitment through a longstanding voluntary committee dedicated to advancing DEI within our organization.
We do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other difference.
Promptworks is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring an inclusive workforce.