As a Product Manager at Criteria, you will be an ambassador for our employee-first culture representing our values of transparency, innovation, hard-work and fun. As the product champion, you will be in a unique position to drive strategy, execution and understanding of our customer-centric solutions with the goal of producing industry-leading products.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, Criteria is a technology company that’s changing the way employers find and retain great talent. We are passionate about helping our customers build their highest performing teams using fair and objective science-based processes.
Over 3,500 companies currently use our product and we are growing quickly. We’ve been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing private companies for six years running, and we’ve also earned a spot on BuiltInLA’s 100 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles 2019.
If you want to know more about what it’s like to work here check us out on Glassdoor! Here’s a link to our Glassdoor profile: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Criteria-EI_IE1146223.11,19.htm
What will I be doing?
· You will be responsible for managing the planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle – from strategic planning to tactical activities working closely with Design, Development/Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Customer Success to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are surpassed.
· You will own and drive the business plan for the solution, working with key stakeholders to ensure the most effective decisions are reached the solution offering.
· Every decision you make will be on behalf of your customers. You’ll define and carry out the product vision for them and will champion it through the entire organization while also managing tactical initiatives.
· You’ll deeply understand the problems that your customers are experiencing through research and interaction with customers, and then communicate those problems clearly back to your team.
· You’ll receive input and feedback from a wide range of stakeholders, understand the impact of this work, and then prioritize and deliver it to your team to make sure they are working on the most impactful projects.
· You’ll constantly measure the success of your product and its ability to solve problems through both quantitative and qualitative measures.
· As a self-starter, you’ll take full ownership for the success of your product, being scrappy, making hard decisions and filling any responsibilities, when necessary.
· You’ll be dedicated to your fellow product managers, seizing opportunities to develop their skill sets and help them with their professional growth, while simultaneously trying to learn from them.
What skills do I need?
· 2 years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher.
· Advanced ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, and delegate tasks.
· Problem-solving with a data-driven mindset, building hypotheses and proving their validity with experimentation.
· Exceptional communication skills to share the vision of your product, the roadmap, and align the stakeholders on the rationale behind them.
· Experience with qualitative customer feedback and stories and quantitative customer data to inform decisions.
What else will help me succeed?
· You have experience in HR or Talent Acquisition or Talent Management.
· You have a strong technical understanding of architecture and complex web applications.
· You are not afraid to fail forward.
· Excellent benefits packages that include medical, dental, and life insurance
· 401(k) with employer match
· Generous vacation policy
· Quarterly Charity/Volunteer Events including volunteering with the LA Food Bank and Tree People
Low physical effort required to sit at computer terminal, stand, bend, stoop, occasional lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift is 35 lbs. Average lift is less than 10 lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
Average inside office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment is required. Ambient temperature is between 68F and 76F