Condé Nast is seeking a Junior Product Manager to deliver high-quality website support to all CN Departments and to manage day-to-day operational duties in the product department across all our online brands, including: Vogue, GQ, Glamour, WIRED, Vanity Fair, Tatler, Traveller, House & Garden and Brides.
You’ll be the first point of contact to support, analyse and provide assistance to our digital and editorial departments. You must be able to skillfully problem solve on a daily basis, with a strong emphasis on ‘self-help’ solutions.
As a Junior Product Manager you’ll find solutions by studying information needed; conferring with users, product and development teams; investigating data usage, error logs, and workflow processes, to solve problems and guide projects to completion.
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of digital skills including Agile development practices, task / project management, HTML / CSS understanding and end-to-end testing. They will be able to write product specifications and technical userstories to brief in our internal development team.
In addition, outstanding communication and organisation skills are required to manage the many and varied stakeholders across a variety of issues and projects.
Key Duties Responsibilities
- Coordinate the production and development of digital editorial and commercial initiatives across all Condé Nast titles
- Act as the first point of contact for internal queries and requests to the product development team
- Provide basic website and troubleshooting support for internal users of the CN websites
- Ensure continuity of the service of all Condé Nast Publications UK websites with minimal downtime with proactive communication of infrastructure failures
- Responsible for the delivery, development, and implementation of website enhancements and projects, including system modifications, interfaces. Covering the full lifecycle stages of an issue or project; risk assessment and management, business alignment, design, build, quality assurance and implementation.
- Serve as the intermediary between the development team and various internal and external parties, understanding requests and issues on CN websites and communicating these to the product, data, and development team
- Manage resources and developer schedules to ensure all internal and external deadlines are met.
- Create cheat sheets and tutorial documents for internal users of CN websites
- Assist editorial teams with digital production and CMS use
- Perform quality assurance testing on site fixes and new features across all platforms
- Support the Product Development and Data, Analytics and Insight teams with ad hoc projects and communications
- Record all work + maintain bug lists and backlogs, producing relevant support documentation where required
- Product Team
- Digital Design Team
- Publishing Teams – Print and online
- Head of Development and Senior Developers
- Ad Operations Team
- Data + Insight Team
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain these issues to a range of different people from developers to non-digital people.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Organisation and time management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise efficiently under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- A high level of diplomacy and tact and ability to interact with high-level management
- Solid digital and production skills with the ability to learn new digital tools and concepts quickly
- Knowledge and experience with digital editorial tools such as social media channels and platforms, a variety of CMS, Google Drive etc
- Basic knowledge and experience of HTML and CSS
- An understanding of editorial needs, workflow and practices in an online media environment
- And keen interest to learn and further develop your skills in the tech and product side of the digital publishing industry