Speechify is the easiest way to listen to the world’s information. Or at least that’s what we strive for: smart apps designed to quickly turn information into audio so people can listen on the go, at their own speed, with tools that make learning easier, deeper, and faster.
We’re looking for a growth product manager who can accelerate the business by shipping features that customers truly need and impact the bottom-line. This is a foundational role on a small but growing team and ideal for someone who’s worked at a fast-growing startup and knows how to gather context, scope, inspire engineers and designers, ship with a sense of urgency, and, most importantly, own the metrics linked to their roadmap (e.g. install-to-trial conversion).
To succeed here, you’ll need:
- A track record. You’ve shipped things that people have paid for. You’ve identified opportunities, managed roadmaps and feature releases, and impacted the bottom line (ex. your solutions helped increase the total revenue of a business by at least $1 million). Ideally, you’ve worked on a subscription-based business.
- Initiative. We’re a young company in a massive market. You’ll live or die by your ability to choose what to work on, inspire your teammates, remove roadblocks, and get shit done.
- Ownership. You will be responsible for delivering projects from start to finish. Starting with just an idea and finishing with a production-ready product, monitoring the process of developing and owning the outcome.
- An obsession with data. Quant and qual, data is a key vector for our PMs. You’ll know how to pick KPIs that matter, track them daily, and interpret them for your teams and the org.
- Character. You’re disciplined and focused, but also a generous human being who knows how to play with others, inspire those who are flagging, and, generally, someone people look forward to working with.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Have practical insights on our existing footprint or how it grows into adjacent spaces.
- Pitch, scope, and deliver new products; or reinterpret underperforming surfaces.
- Build dashboards or pipelines to track customer feedback, support tickets, and qual data.
- Influence the broader roadmap and organize accordingly.
- Contribute and help shape the PM org.
- Own multiple key business metrics and execute on projects related to them (install → paid, paid → renew).
- An entrepreneurial crew that supports risk, intuition, and hustle.
- A hands-off approach so you can focus and do your best work.
- A fast-growing environment where you can help shape the culture.
- The opportunity to make an impact in a transformative industry.
- A competitive salary, a collegiate atmosphere, and a commitment to building a great asynchronous culture.
Think you’re suited for this job? Drop us an email at email@example.com with a short intro about yourself, links to your portfolio and LinkedIn, and thoughts about why you’re interested in the role.
Not looking but know someone ideal for the role? Refer them! We’ll send you (really good) chocolate if we make the hire.