Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech are at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country… and we’re only just getting started.
Food is extremely personal; our customers have very different tastes, preferences and goals that influence how they want to cook and feed their families. We are looking for a passionate Product Designer to evolve our internal recipe development and menu planning tools to help our Food Team create the best possible menu for our customers every single week.
You’ll lead on product design, owning the end-to-end design process, to create and shape our tools that can scale our recipe offering from 50 recipes a week to potentially thousands. Collaboration will be key, working closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists and of course our Food Development team.
You’ll be part of a fast-growing Product Design team that spans across our three tribes; Growth, Menu and Supply. We have a range of weekly ceremonies dedicated to helping us be the best designers possible including pairing time and critiques. We also have design 10%; a day every two weeks focused on learning and development for our function.
- Design and deliver a set of algorithmic menu planning tools that enable us to offer 100+ recipes to customers each week in 2021, and beyond
- Work in partnership with the Product Manager, and your squad, to set the longer term product strategy in the menu planning domain
- Lead and conduct customer research activities to uncover new opportunities and test potential solutions
- Prove and show the value of UX in driving customer and business value across our organisation
- Use and evolve our design system to help provide UX/UI consistency across Gousto’s internal tooling
What you’ll be doing
First three months
- Familiarise yourself with Gousto’s operations and in particular, the recipe development process
- Get to know existing customer and data insight within your domain and start planning out new research to explore new opportunities
- Contribute to defining the product roadmap with your Product Manager
- Share knowledge with the wider team and coach others to apply lean design thinking in the product development process
Within six months
- Plan and lead the end-to-end solutioning process for the team’s chosen opportunities. This includes running any collaborative workshops and testing potential solutions with customers to understand usability and feasibility
- Coordinate across multiple teams where shared input is required to achieve our objectives, in particular, the recipe development and food operations teams
- Support the Product Manager in prioritising the most impactful opportunities based on insights that you’ve helped generate through customer research
- Work closely with engineers and the rest of the team to facilitate high-quality software delivery at a fast pace
You’ll love working at Gousto if you..
- Are a champion of customer-centric design, always looking to solve real problems
- Are comfortable owning the full end-to-end design process using user-centred design principles and methods
- Have a proactive approach to challenging yourself and your team to do better
- Embrace agile and iteration, and are comfortable with change
- Have ability to prioritise effectively while remaining focused on value
- Thrive when presented with complex requirements
- Recognise assumptions (including your own) and seek ways to try and invalidate them
- Enjoy collaborating at any given opportunity
- 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave
- First Gousto box free and 40% staff discount on all boxes – 25% for your family and friends
- Aviva Digital GP & wellbeing
- Lifeworks – clinical support and complete mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing through services
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Recipe test cooking
- Eye test and glasses contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials – Wine, beer and soft-drinks
After 6 months
- Gym membership
- Private healthcare
Dream – Today’s good is tomorrow’s mediocre. We’re always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver – We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care – We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people’s skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently, in our team, there are over 20 nationalities and it’s deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation