The team you’ll be joining
EML Payments is a global leader in the fintech space. Our mission is to create awesome, instant and secure payment solutions that connect our customers to their customers, anytime, anywhere, wherever money is in motion. Our Purpose is to inspire transformative digital change for our customers and communities.
As an issuer and processor, we provide our clients and partners with innovative payment and alternative to traditional banking solutions. We are agile, we are innovative. We are product led and take a partnership approach to tailoring solutions, placing a strong focus on operational excellence.
Company Culture and Values
Our team knocks the boring out of payments and we do it in our own unique way: having a ‘one team’ mentality, being open, honest and trusted, bringing awesome every day, and knowing that simplicity is genius! Our core values are One Team, Openness, Awesomeness and Simplicity. Our place is one of collaboration, teamwork & innovation. But, above all, it’s one that embraces difference. And, rather than have you blend in, we want to help you unleash your full potential.
We recently announced our “Accelerator” Strategy to revolutionise how money moves with our global product led payments platform – allowing our clients to build amazing experiences for their customers across 28 countries through a single integration. As part of this we’re building out our product organisation and we’re looking for a master of exactly that product awesomeness!
Specifically, one of our most important missions that you’ll be leading is the design & creation of our open API developer first environment. Think best of breed developer centre for our clients & fintech partners with all the goodies… sandpits, documentation, demos and of course elegant APIs.
As the Senior Product Owner you will help drive this transformation. You can expect to:
· Own our open API product roadmap – this includes understanding the competitive landscape, regulatory environment, customer trends and changes in the technology; using this understanding to lead the discovery and defining of the product design and user experience, writing the user stories and grooming the backlog, tracking performance and working with your peers to create the GTM strategy including the monetisation, communication and change plans for our teams, clients and fintech partners alike.
· Work hand in hand with our developers, engineers & UX designer to create a common understanding of the product vision and prioritise the work to be done accordingly
· Be the champion of our API platform and products, importantly defining the why and the what and take our organisation along with you on this journey to creating an awesome developer first experience for our clients
· Work closely with your product peers & the finlabs team to integrate strategic partners products & services into the EML API platform
· Have an understanding and proactively manage the risk profile of this platform
· Be the big bridge between business viability, customer usability and the technology feasibility.
· Sponsor common rituals; helping our teams to understand and adopt design thinking and lean product management methods and tools… at a global scale
· Bring cross functional groups together on a day to day basis and drive excitement to be part of a common mission to bring to life and launch awesome & innovative products.
And most importantly have fun with us on this journey!
EML is an ASX listed company head quartered in Brisbane and trading on the Australian stock exchange. This role is a key member of the North American Product team and has a matrixed working relationship with our Global Chief Product Officer.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced product owner with a proven experience in designing, launching and managing developer hub product/platform solutions. You also bring with you, significant payments, technology or fintech industry experience. In this role, you will lead the design of our Developer Hub product solution which sits within the EML tech stack.
– You are a clear thinker and have demonstrated experience simplifying complex problems
– You are curious and have a strong interest in continuous learning…digging deep into the domain when necessary
– You love a good challenge and not afraid to question the status quo in pursuit of bettering our EML products and experiences
– You have a can-do attitude, seize every opportunity, not afraid to go beyond your comfort zone and empower others to do the same
– You know yourself: strengths, weaknesses and opportunities, and are open to feedback.
What you’ll bring
– Proven track record & experience as a product owner leading cross functional squads to outcomes and track record of developing great products; this includes many of the agile techniques such as running showcases, release planning, user story acceptance, performance tracking and more…..
– Able to see around corners, so that we build at a platform level, rather than project level
– Hands-on developer first product design experience
– Awesome ability to communicate across teams, clients, partners and collaborate…. particularly with designers, developers and engineers
– Be able to focus on big picture, recognise the value of staying at pace with market trends and think strategically about the future
– Flex for all- Be empowered to work smarter, in a way that suits your lifestyle, anywhere and no core hours in the office
– Participation in company bonus scheme
– 12w Parental Leave, Birthday Leave, Volunteer leave and Paid Professional memberships and Company Health scheme
– Not to forget how awesome the team are and how exciting it is to work at EML….
Integrated into our Core Values is EML’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. EML is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognised for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential.
We believe in understanding and respecting differences. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at EML has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.