- one of the UK’s most popular small business finance apps with over 100,000 customers. We help small businesses sort out the mess and the stress of managing their business finances
- loved and adored by customers. We have an NPS of 70 (which is considered “exceptional”)
- rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ on Trustpilot.
This is your chance to come and shape the future of small business banking and accounting!
Make a difference 💫
It’s an exciting time in the accounting and banking space. We’re seeing a revolution in the FinTech industry, and new government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products for customers.
The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we’re working on the cutting edge. We’re focused on providing the best possible user experience for our growing customer base.
The Role 👷
As a Product Manager for the Banking Integrations team you’ll be translating the product vision and strategy into a plan of ongoing development and improvement. This will involve understanding the needs and requirements of the business and our users, assisting in the ongoing prioritisation of projects and features, and managing the development of these through our agile process.
The work is fast-paced, challenging and varied and on any given day you might be:
- Engaging with our users, partners and stakeholders, translating insight and feedback into a clear and well defined product roadmap
- Facilitating the wider product development workflow from initial stakeholder requirements, through prioritisation into design, development, release and measurement
- Maintaining, grooming and prioritising product backlogs, ensuring requirements are well understood, documented and communicated throughout the team
- Working closely alongside our design and engineering teams to prototype new features and product improvements that our users will love
- Monitoring success of ongoing product developments through data analytics, user feedback and other quantitative and qualitative feedback channels
- Evaluate product developments against KPIs and feed suggestions back into the product roadmap.
Ideally you’ll have:
- Demonstrable success in a product management role including excellent communication, planning and organisational skills, ideally within an agile environment
- Experience of shaping complex products, translating user requirements into elegant, usable solutions
- The ability to communicate and present ideas effectively
- A proven ability to influence and persuade, and work with, people of varying levels of seniority
- A customer-centric and data-informed approach; able to to use data to inform decision making as well as set and track KPIs to measure product success
- A willingness to deep dive on complex, sometimes technical, problems
- An appreciation of user experience and design best practice and how this relates to product design
- An understanding of agile development and be able to work confidently alongside engineers and designers
- Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail
- Previous experience of working in a micro-business or products in the micro-business market is a plus.
Annual salary £34,500 – £49,000 mid level, or £49,000 – £64,500 senior level, depending on experience, plus we provide a competitive salary and comprehensive package of employee benefits which have been carefully selected to protect you, to promote healthy lifestyles, and to give you peace of mind. You can read more about these on our website.
Creating the best place to work 👩🏽💻
We want people to be productive, to have career opportunities, to be focused on meaningful work and to have an excellent work/life balance. We value a diverse team, and we believe the variety of experiences and backgrounds in our team make us stronger. We believe in a learning culture and encourage self-development. We like to think we work smarter, not harder, which is why we stick to a 35-hour working week and still Get Things Done.
Normally, we’re based in our amazing office in central Edinburgh and our work environment is light and bright, with inspiring spaces and quiet places. This role will be based in the office most of the week, once we’re able to return. Find out more about life at HQ here!
Currently the whole team is working remotely. We’re well equipped to support this, as 20% of the team normally works from home on a permanent basis. We’re continuing our hiring and onboarding activity during this time and we’re finding alternative ways to stay connected and enjoy activities together, from our virtual art club to exercise challenges and cake decorating competitions. See how we’ve been getting on!
Applying for the role ✍
Our application process is simple; just upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you are interested in this opportunity. Our selection process includes a phone call with a member of our Talent Team, followed by two interviews and a practical exercise. We work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.
We really care about building an inclusive and diverse team, and we welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. We want to make sure that the people who build FreeAgent are reflecting our diverse customer base and bringing with them a range of ideas and experiences. What unites us is an openness to suggestions, and a drive to solve problems in the best way possible.
Don’t forget to tell us about why you think FreeAgent is the right place for you to make a difference!