Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. We are using technology and data science to build the world’s leading and most loved flower company. We’ve seen impressive traction to date – we are Europe’s largest direct-to-consumer flower company, are growing at 100% year on year, and are in a strong position financially (and have been extremely fortunate to see growth remain strong during the Covid-19 crisis).
We’ve raised multiple rounds of venture capital and private equity funding, have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.
Product at Bloom & Wild
The overall Bloom & Wild team is now over 100 people. Our Product team sits within our tech and product organisation and is made up of 3 core squads; Growth, Retention & Post Purchase Experience. Each of these squads is responsible for all the strategic decision making within their Product area with an associated Product Manager.
The role and ways of working
As the Product Manager for Operations, you will lead a new squad tasked with ensuring our internal operational systems scale in order to deliver our ambitious business objectives. We are a rapidly growing, international business and you will be dealing with high levels of ambiguity and autonomy whilst solving some of our biggest customer problems. You will work with a broad set of stakeholders to identify, prioritise and develop solutions to these problems.
Initially, your focus will be to help build stock, forecasting, and range management systems in order to effectively merchandise our expanding product range.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing our stock/inventory management systems
Collaborating with the data science team to; Build data-driven stock allocation systems
Extend our forecasting capabilities and automated stock ordering systems
Support the development of automated merchandising tools
Supporting the launch of new geographies, including new stock management models and systems
Scaling our product data management system (global and cross-platform)
Supporting the launch of and integration with new 3rd party retailers
- 2+ years of experience as PM, ideally with an operational focus
Experience working on stock management and forecasting automation systems preferred
- Good understanding of data models and data structures
- Strong attention to detail
- Structured thinking and approach
- Data numeracy
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management
Currently, our full team is working from home and adapting quickly to being totally remote. In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Twice weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content
- Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions celebrated with the team
- Virtual Stand Up for weekly company updates, and Virtual
- Monthly Meeting to celebrate our successes and value nominations
- Remote lunch and learns
- Wellbeing support through online coaching sessions and employee assistance program, talking about challenges that we are facing in the current environment
- New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely
We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride in our day to day activities and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, with regular company-wide events.
Return to work and our new normal
The safety and wellbeing of our team are our primary concern during this period and our return to our beautiful, flower-filled office will be gradual, considered, and only when our team feels safe to do so.
Whilst recognising that some of our team will prefer to work in our office, this period has proven that our team can embrace remote work extremely successfully and our plan moving forward is to find ways of continuing to incorporate remote work into our ways of working.
We’re proud to hold an A-rated sponsor license, so we can assign certificates of sponsorship. This means we can support applications from anywhere as long as the job is deemed suitable under the points-based system
When we’re in the office:
Our lovely, light, and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, startup culture, with employee-friendly policies such as:
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totaling 34 days, per annum. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday
- Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Personal Development Budget
- Family Friendly Policy – including enhanced family-friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lunch & Learns
- Discounted blooms
- Bloom & Go Wild trips – most recently we went to Paris!
Our recruitment process
Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 the interview process will be conducted remotely. This will involve an interview with our Lead Product Manager, followed by a series of interviews with people from our product and operations team and our CEO.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team – so we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas, and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career, and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.