We’re hiring an experienced Designer to lead our Product Design function and own the Design strategy for JustPark.
The JustPark service is used by over 30% of motorists across the UK with the majority using one of our award-winning mobile apps. Backed by some of the world’s leading investors including BMW iVentures, Index Ventures (Dropbox, Just Eat, Deliveroo), LocalGlobe (Citymapper, RobinHood), Itochu (Paul Smith, KwikFit) and our own customers via a number of successful crowdfunding rounds, JustPark is a scale-up ready to revolutionise the way people travel around our cities.
With over 5m registered customers, as our lead designer, your design vision to be seen and experienced by millions of people every month. We help our customers make smarter and more sustainable transport decisions. As more and more drivers transition to electric vehicles, our product and offering is adapting to this changing behaviour. JustPark has a major role to play in the roll-out of charging networks to support the EV revolution and we need you to help us plan and design it.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll own our Design strategy, making sure we have all the right ingredients from the design system to a consistent visual identity and tone of voice
- You’ll work regularly with the CPO and product leadership on the long-term strategy so we can keep product and design goals aligned with JustPark’s mission
- You’ll lead our product design team, coaching our talented designers to ensure we have the best processes, systems and expertise to deliver world-class designs
- You’ll collaborate with other teams, working alongside our Product, Engineering, Marketing and other teams throughout the design phase so that the best ideas from around the business make it to the top
- You’ll instil a customer-centric design approach, marrying subjective and objective data to identify problems and appropriate solutions.
- You’ll be experimenting and innovating with lean experiments, design sprints and so on to get to a better solution faster
You should apply if
- You’ve owned the design for a suite of products, creating and implementing a design vision at a fast-paced company
- You’ve led a team of high performing product designers, sharing your knowledge and raising the bar for the design across JustPark
- You have extensive UX/UI design experience evidenced in a portfolio that covers multiple platforms (iOS, Android & Web)
- You’ve established and adapted the design process before, from selecting tools to creating customer research programmes to optimising collaborative design processes
- You’re comfortable collaborating with different audiences (PMs, engineers, stakeholders, etc) at different levels of seniority; able to turn discussion and research into tangible and effective action
We trust you to know what’s needed to get the job done. So whether you need to work hours that suit you or work remotely, we’ll work with you to make sure you have the right kit and the right environment for you to succeed. Plus we know it’s not all about work! That’s why we also offer a range of benefits.
- Stock options
- Free lunch cooked daily
- Unlimited holiday
- Learning & development allowance
- Enhanced maternity
- Cycle scheme
- Monthly parking credit
- Team social budget, quarterly away-days and yearly retreats
For more information on our values, how we work and why you should join the team, check out our Careers page.