As a member of one of our Logistics product teams, you will be central to building and growing your product area and outcomes by leading a team through discovery – establishing what the right thing to build is – to implementation and beyond.
As a Product Manager you will own one or more products and be responsible for leading the full life-cycle of them, owning the vision, supporting strategy and communicating a roadmap. You’ll take your product from ideation and discovery through design, delivery, preparation for launch, measuring of success, and iterations.
Working closely with engineering, you are ultimately responsible for making sure we’re building the right things for users of your products. Your partners in engineering are responsible for making sure we build these things in the right way, but both of you care deeply about both things – it’s one team!
At Cazoo we believe in autonomous empowered Product Teams. While there will be plenty of strong opinions across our business about what the right thing to build is, you and your team are responsible for rapidly evaluating these ideas using experimentation and data to determine what is the right thing to build for our customers and business.
Cazoo is the UK’s fastest unicorn – our aim is to transform the way people purchase used cars and you will play a critical role in supporting that mission.
Logistics are a critical function at Cazoo. In any online to offline business, there is logistics complexity but at Cazoo this is far greater due to the nature of our product! – Cars are big and aren’t an ordinary product to move around the country.
The mission of Logistics product teams is to enable Cazoo to become a world class logistics organisation. In reality that means automating and optimising vehicle movement across the country.
That’s where you come in – we need a Product Manager to lead our “Resources” domain and help build a future proof domain that provides critical inputs for our Logistics teams. In order to plan and execute vehicle movement effectively, we need to manage constraints and complexity across many variables – driver location, driver availability, driver skills, fleet location, fleet size, vehicle size and more!
You will work closely with Logistics Planning Specialists, Fleet Managers, Distribution Managers and several Product-Engineering teams to ensure we’re delivering the right technology with the right outcomes for the business.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is interested in solving data challenges, relishes system thinking and is hungry to learn and grow with a rocketship.
We are looking for a Product Manager…
- with proven experience in working out what the right things to build are (as opposed to being told what to build by someone else!)
- dual track (discovery/delivery) experience; at Cazoo we’re big fans of Marty Cagan
- with experience developing complex products through full life cycle
- who has worked with development teams to deliver amazing products with clearly measurable customer and business benefits
- with experience in managing 3rd party API integrations
- with great stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- with an excellent sense of empathy for end-users who is comfortable with embracing ambiguity
- with the ability to compromise in the right way
- with a passion for product design and the experience to back up their views
- with demonstrable ability to rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of your product’s domain
- who loves collaboration and has experience in leading varied groups to swift decisions
Founded in 2018, Cazoo is backed by leading investors and has a highly experienced team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.
We know that diverse teams make better teams and we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status