At Genomics England we’re using technology as an enabler to create better outcomes for our patients participants, researchers, communities. We’re agile, fast-moving, and innovative, and we’re evolving a team that reflects the rich diversity of the communities we serve. If you can bring us the inquisitive nature and excellent people skills we need, we can offer you the chance to learn new skills and build a career with an organisation that’s merging science and digital to make a difference. You’ll sit at the crossroads between science, technology and user experience. We’ll look to you to root out and clarify user needs with product managers, engineers, bioinformaticians, researchers and designers; talk with and listen to patients, participants, clinicians and researchers in the field, and become an expert in helping deploy genomic testing into the NHS and help our users process the results to make better healthcare decisions. We have lots of ongoing projects currently at different stages, from discovery to alpha, beta and live.
Director of Product Management
This role is responsible for leading the team of product managers to deliver seamless healthcare experiences for our customers. The Director of Product Management will, working closely with the Director of Design and Research and the Director of Engineering, define the overall vision and strategy for the delivery of human-centred products. Responsible for delivering a great experience to our customers and continuously finding opportunities for improvements.
This is a newly created position responsible for setting the vision and strategy for products including clear goals and metrics that align with the overall business strategy. Plus this individual will effectively manage the product team to successfully navigate and deliver on all aspects of the Product Management lifecycle.
We are looking for:
· 12+ years product management experience with strong knowledge of – and evidence for – user centred design (including service design) approaches to product
· Experience of leading multidisciplinary digital teams to deliver digital service from discovery, design, delivery, growth, continuous improvement to retirement
· Experience building suites of products that make up a bigger service ecosystem
· Ability to mentor, coach and create a collaborative environment
· Able to employ different approaches to product management, knowing how to balance lean-style MVP experimental work with focused iteration
· Experience operating complex and critical live products/services
If you have a good mix of the experience above and are interested in the future of healthcare, please do get in touch.