BlaBlaCar’s vision is to bring fairness, freedom and fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable and friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 90 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale and truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar’s ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer a long-distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, and a long-distance bus service. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car — so we want to fill those seats too!
In 2019, 100 million travelers used BlaBlaCar globally, saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile, we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one, with 87% of members believing carpooling to be an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a unique international environment with a team counting 40 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 7 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo and Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held and founder-led. Our team of 700 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate and fundamentally mission-driven.
Insurance at BlaBlaCar
This is a unique opportunity to work deploying and scaling innovative insurance products. Your mission will be to make the link between our insurance team and the tech organization in order to deliver and improve insurance products. Particularly, you are expected to drive the launch of a car insurance product for our driver community.
What you will directly contribute to
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of product management, which means:
- Defining and communicating the strategy of the insurance stream for all involved stakeholders
- Participate in product workshop with our partners
- Gathering insights about our users and translating them into actionable opportunities
- Identifying the right success metrics and tracking them
- Problem-solving with cross-functional experts in engineering, marketing, data science
What you will need to be successful:
- 3-5 years of experience in product-driven organizations
- Very strong business acumen and analytical mindset
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Humility and great listening skills
- Fluency in English
- Previous experience in insurance is a plus but not essential
A few practical details about the role:
Start: As soon as you are ready
Contract: Contractor (20% of time)