Classification: Full-time / Exempt
Supervisor: SVP, Solution Management
Doing work that matters with people who make us great.
The Viewpointe team embraces a core set of values that drive our business: integrity, customer focus, value creation, respect, innovation and teamwork. Our security, technology and information management and governance professionals are passionate about their work and our values, resulting in an exciting environment where personal achievement is rewarded, teamwork is encouraged, and customer service is our top priority.
Viewpointe has been trusted for more than a decade to protect and govern sensitive information in the cloud. We provide purpose-built, private cloud services to large, regulated organizations. Founded by the financial industry to answer complex, information-centric challenges, we have developed a unique business model that has led to our well-known and unmatched pedigree in the industry. Our unique business model combines hardware, software, and unmatched expertise to provide needed guidance on best practices and strategy as well as technology solutions.
Come join our team of technology and information management and governance professionals
The Director of Solution Management is a critical member of the Solution Management team; he/she acts as the Voice of the Customer/Client and is responsible for the lifecycle of the solution/solution suite and stewarding the solution towards realizing the return of investment (ROI). The Director, Solution Management has content authority for the solution evidenced by the solution canvas, economics, & backlog of work, and is empowered to make fast, local decisions about the solution or customizing the solution for commercialization. They are responsible for productizing new solutions identified from market intelligence, by defining solution construct, feature functionality, and overseeing the work through the solution research and development process. The Director of Solution Management works closely with architects and other technical leaders to ensure the solution effectively addresses commercialization priorities while maintaining technical integrity throughout its entire lifecycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Shepard solution opportunities identified and approved by the Strategy Committee through the solution research and development process
- Provide the context and create a solution canvas to manage a solution’s lifecycle
- On-going development of the product vision and strategy. Synthesize ideas on strategy, planning and execution of next generation of products. Building consensus and driving execution.
- Manage solution enhancements, upgrades, and accelerators
- Maintain a single source of truth for all solution documentation including 3rd party components
- Coordinate and synchronize high level solution research and development related activities with commercial and operational areas
- Understand and report on the progress of the solution research and development with key stakeholders
- Create, Refine, Prioritize, & Shepherd Capabilities through a solution canvas and ongoing backlog management
- Set solution requirements in line with customer needs and business objectives.
- Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to facilitate alignment and define capabilities, the potential business benefits, a specific outcome hypothesis, the Minimum Viable Product (MVP)/Minimal Marketable Feature (MMF), the Cost of Delay (CoD), and business sponsors
- Appropriately size Capabilities and Features based on economic decision making
- Set product positioning and commercialization strategies
- Primary evangelist and champion for the solution both internally and externally
- Provide solution communication to a wide variety of audiences i.e. customers, senior management, internal groups, and internal departments and at industry events.
- Manage/mentor one or more solution managers
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvements.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
Standard office environment, equipment and tasks, including work at computer terminals. Requires overnight travel as needed to customer locations, industry events and other work locations for training and internal planning and strategy meetings
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent combination of industry-related professional experience and education (Master’s preferred)
- Preferred: Extensive Experience with Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Content Service Platforms (CSP)
- Preferred: 5+ years’ experience in product/solution management in a Scaled Agile/Scrum environment
- Preferred: 7-9+ years’ experience in managing large scale program delivery
- Experience in managing new solutions through ideation, development, and commercialization with a focus on customer value, solution economics, and in support of corporate strategy
- Experience in managing mature solutions through minor enhancements, upgrades, and patching processes with a focus on minimizing customer disruption
- Experience in effectively road-mapping solutions and leading cross-functional planning
- Experience in stakeholder management and driving strategic alignment
- Experience in effectively creating complex technology solutions
- Experience in effectively managing and prioritizing a backlog
- Experience with financial services technology and knowledge of financial services technologies used for payments
- Experience with Platform as a Service, API Products, and Emerging Technologies
- Experience in transforming legacy products and services to modern technologies
- Kanban, Agile, and/or SAFe experience
- Experience with VersionOne and/or ProductBoard
- Empowered decision maker
- Excels at collaboration with senior level leaders and customer partners
- Ability to negotiate effectively & deal with multiple stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Ability to articulate a vision and create compelling storytelling materials for internal and external audiences