carwow is looking for a Product Manager to join our Product team in London working on a remote basis until March 2021. Beyond this, we’ve introduced a new flexible working policy allowing you to work from home for the majority of the week with 1-2 days max in the office. See below benefits section for more information!
Buying a car is the 2nd biggest financial decision people make after buying a house, and it’s an incredibly complex one. Consumers face many challenges in the process: from choosing the right car to buy, to making sure they’re getting a good deal – here at carwow we aim to fix them all. From an attic to the 6th fastest growing company in Europe in 2018; carwow is an online marketplace making car buying better for everyone. Car buying is one of the last areas to be revolutionised by the internet – here at carwow we’re leading the online revolution.
We’re a highly driven (excuse the pun), energetic scale-up with a team of around 200 based in London, Munich and Madrid. We’re backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs & car manufacturer Daimler (Mercedes-Benz) with over £55m of total funding raised.We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make car buying better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of our industry, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the very start of something huge.
As a Product Manager you will be part of a product team, including a Tech Lead, a Product Designer and several Developers. You will be working very closely with other Product Teams in the consumer and commercial side, our Chief Product Officer and other relevant parts of the business such as Growth, country managers or our commercial team leadership.
This is the perfect role for someone who is passionate about customer satisfaction and creating great products within an exciting vision.
– Leading a consumer-focused product team, working closely with Senior Product managers in the same area
– Working with a cross-functional team including a designer, multiple engineers and data support
– Helping build and define product priorities by collecting and analysing data from multiple stakeholders, including consumers, dealers, manufacturers
– Taking ownership of key areas of the Product, monitoring their usage and defining the metrics that will measure success
– Work with Product Ambassadors (i.e. local market and functional areas stakeholders) to get the right input, their ideas and ensure that they have the right information to represent the product team into their areas/functions
– Keeping track of industry trends
– Following the progress of work and address production issues during sprints
– You have an excellent academic background
– You have at least 1+ year of experience in product management
– You have an outstanding ability to think on your feet and tackle intellectually challenging problems
– You are keen to understand problems, before jumping into solutions
– You’re highly analytical and used to using complex data to make decisions. When you’re presented with data, analysis should be a reflex
– You’re forward-thinking, ambitious and a great communicator
– You’re great at prioritising and not afraid to say no
– You love working autonomously, but you are able to earn the trust of others with a collaborative style
– You excel at managing stakeholders, while also confident in voicing your own opinions and challenging others
Bonus points (not required):
– Experience in marketplaces
– Ideally, you can demonstrate a strong interest in user psychology and in marketing
– A competitive salary
– Equity in the company (share options)
25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve
– Health: Private medical health insurance, subsidised gym membership, free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
– Financial: Private pension scheme, salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
– Flexible working: For those that want to, you’ll be able to work from home for the majority of the week, with up to 2 days max in the office and receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home. We also have a new ‘work from anywhere for a month each year’ policy in place should you wish to use it.
– Office: When we are in the office, a dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here).
– Social: Company-wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, coffee with the exec sessions, culture club, social events (currently virtual)
At carwow, we appreciate the value that comes from having diverse employees. Whether that be diversity of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, pregnancy, race or religion, we strive to create a team where anybody can thrive. We strongly believe a varied workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective. Wherever you’re from, whatever you believe, all we ask is that you have drive and share our company values (you can view them here).