Qantas and Jetstar hotels are a fast growing company that provides hotels to Qantas and Jetstar flyers.
Qantas and Jetstar hotels are a a medium-size business employing approximately 40 people in Melbourne and running a call centre in Manila. The platform that runs Qantas hotels and Jetstar Hotels is developed by an in-house delivery team. This team work using agile and lean methodologies and those practices extend beyond the development team to include the way the sales, marketing, finance and strategy teams work. We are a collaborative, creative, respectful, cross-functional, cost effective team that takes accountability for delivering results.
We are a business within a business and proud of our own unique culture.
Being a part of a team of four, as a Product Manager, you’ll lead features that help millions of customers find and book the best accommodation for their needs in the Qantas and Jetstar ecosystem. Key areas of responsibility will include all aspects of product development from idea inception through to delivery, while adopting a lean model to launch fast, and iterate often.
Reporting to Product Management Lead, your main accountabilities will include:
- Ongoing iteration and enhancement of the product portfolio.
- Delivering prioritised initiatives through the technical delivery life cycle.
- Managing product road map with allowance for incremental improvements and iterative development.
- Analysing and communicating the data & feedback between internal stakeholders, customers, and web analytics.
- Liaising with the developers and leading the delivery of a Product from end-to-end.
- Developing product vision and strategy, and building consensus among our technology, design, marketing, and commercial teams.
- Collaborating with the business leadership team to define the short and long term product roadmap and align expectations with all stakeholders.
- Proactively prioritising new features and improvements and that will make Qantas and Jetstar the number one accommodation choices.
- Understanding and analysing user needs through user studies, market research, and data analysis.
- Facilitate prioritisation of initiatives that achieve business goals and maximising return on investment.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Business or technical related subjects.
- Experience in a start-up environment or online booking companies can be an advantage.
- Proven success in leading and developing successful digital consumer products.
- Demonstrated abilities to deliver product management from start to end independently.
- The ability to communicate and collaborate technically with developers.
- Familiarity with an Agile working environment is highly regarded.