Synapse is a fast-growing company that helps customers around the world improve the productivity of their corporate learning and development teams. Our award-winning software streamlines training intake, capacity planning, and content design processes to make training teams more digital, agile, and efficient.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to lead the successful development and implementation of the next phase of our strategy. This is a player/coach position in which you will have the opportunity to grow the product as we expand our capabilities.
The candidate will report to the CEO and own a multi-phased strategy that will require being hands-on as a contributor while also managing a small group of talented product designers and a product manager. At our next phase of growth, the candidate will be responsible to expand the product function across core features, partnerships/integrations, and growth initiatives.
What You Will Own:
- Define, plan, and manage the product strategy/roadmap informed by customers, market insights, and outcomes that drive ROI based on the experiments and decisions we make.
- Develop roadmap priorities, specifications, product acceptance, roadmap-prioritizing, and all other day-to-day tasks that provide direction for the engineering team and keep priorities on track while managing the growth of product designers and managers.
- Build a process for quantitative (metrics) and qualitative (user feedback) data to evolve the product to meet business objectives and provide value to customers.
- Implement product-led growth strategies in the platform to better acquire, activate, and retain customers (and report on acquisition and growth metrics).
- Serve as an SME for customers/prospect pain points (i.e., Learning & Development teams) and within the industry (i.e., competitive landscape; technology trends).
- Work closely with stakeholders across the company and with customers using a user-centric approach to uncover new opportunities, address associated risks, and recommend areas of improvement/implement best practices.
This Describes You:
- You believe in having ‘just enough’ process to scale, align, and create autonomy in a team, but that too much emphasis on the process can stifle empowerment, speed/productivity, and creativity.
- You understand and believe that success in your role as a leader is not measured by design output but by the success of the product, and that cross-functional alignment is paramount to achieve this.
You understand best practices in product design, but also, what it takes to effectively evangelize, execute, and operationalize them across a team.
- You trust your team to get the job done and know when to get out of their way but are willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Successful track record taking a SaaS software product from start-up to scale.
- Ability to break down high-level strategy into increments that demonstrate significant value to objectives in each release.
- Ability to understand and lead technical concepts, analyze trade-offs, and evaluate solutions with stakeholders.
- Experience building, leading, and mentoring high functioning Product Teams.
- A solid sense of product-led-growth and a strong belief in user-centered design and intuitive UX.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience as a product leader in B2B SaaS.
- Competitive compensation.
- Stock options and full benefits.
- Tremendous growth opportunity.
- Intellectually stimulating environment.
- Location: Synapse is currently working remotely. When it is safe to work at an office, we plan to bring flexible office hours in Toronto.
At Synapse, we are passionate about our clients and our communities, and we are especially passionate about our people. We want you to learn more, accomplish more, and to succeed. We do not just care about our goals – we care about your goals – come work with us to achieve both.