NHS Digital are looking for a talented and experienced product manager to assume responsibility of a key product in urgent and emergency care. The role will primarily focus on Directory of Services – an existing service that is key in connecting patients to the right care for their needs. The role will not only ensure the continued development of the product to meet user and stakeholder needs as part of an in-house product development team, but also to potentially oversee the creation of new product teams as additional, related products are identified.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead one or more multi-disciplinary agile delivery teams to deliver high profile NHS facing products and/or iterations to existing products to meet user needs
• Be responsible for strategic product planning, roadmapping, and product backlog
• Gather user needs based on a communicable understanding of diverse audience groups, including both patients and healthcare professionals
• Interpret user research in order to make the correct product decisions, noting that users do not always know what they want, and demonstrate a clear understanding of wider system context and business constraints and how to work effectively within them
• Underpin the delivery and iteration of digital services through effective analysis of qualitative and quantitative user data
• Keep continually abreast of changes to user habits, preferences and behaviours across various digital platforms and their implications for successful delivery of government digital services
• Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally
• Be actively involved across partner and user communities to promote the department’s principles and foster a collaborative approach to product delivery
Experience of working in health is desirable but not essential.
In addition to a competitive salary you can look forward to a full range of public sector benefits, including an excellent contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and various flexible working options. Perhaps the most compelling reasons for joining us, however, are the scale, scope and high profile nature of the projects you’ll be working on, and the unprecedented opportunity for personal and professional development.