Legl is a game-changing SaaS platform for Lawyers, using technology to solve the huge problems faced by lawyers and their customers alike.
Building on our award-winning platform, CrowdJustice, our committed and brilliant team are on a mission to make accessing legal services simple, and we’re looking for someone to help design a product that can revolutionise the industry.
This is a brand new role in our growing team, with a broad remit, and the north star goal to take our Payments product to the next level. In this role you will be hands-on with the whole product lifecycle, encompassing strategy, discovery, research and delivery.
We’re looking for someone with deep knowledge of Payments solutions, who understands the challenges and opportunities in the space, and who has successful experience as a self-directed member of a cross-functional product team in a startup or scaleup environment.
We’re a small, agile, high-energy team where everyone plays a critical role in improving our products and processes.
Our culture is collaborative, ambitious, agile and not ego-driven. Things move fast, we like to see our work solving problems for our customers as quickly as possible, and we value each other. If you share these values, and the description below sounds like you then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ve done:
- You have three or more years of product management experience, ideally in a startup or scaleup team
- You have worked extensively within the payments industry and have a deep understanding of the various opportunities and challenges of providing payment services
- You have worked closely with customers and developed a strong customer focus
- You have worked directly with data and used it to inform product decisions
- You have regularly prototyped / visualised and presented your thoughts, and taken constructive feedback
- You’ve taken ownership of product discovery and delivery process and worked as a self-directed member of the team
What you’re like:
- You have an ambitious, commercial mindset, and love to find ways to drive high growth
- You love to solve problems and be challenged to consider all possible angles
- You are comfortable working closely with designers and engineers and a with a short development cycle
- You are a constant and proactive learner. You will be always growing – both personally and with the team
- You strive to be a pioneer of new techniques and approaches
- Salary range of £55k-£75k depending on experience
- Share options, so we all share in Legl’s success
- Opportunity to join a well-funded startup early on its mission to increase access to justice and to do well by doing good
- High and very visible impact in your role. This work really matters – success in this role will drive our growth and have a big impact on the business and our clients
- Team of smart, ambitious and genuinely kind people
- A great and growing remote social culture
- Frequent networking events and industry talks
- Learning a lot along the way. We encourage everyone to attend courses, talks and conferences and have regular 121s
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate.
Remote working (Covid-19 Statement)
As of March 2020 we are fully remote. There will be the opportunity to work in our physical offices again once the pandemic no longer poses a threat. In the meantime, we have adapted our tools and processes to support productive, connected, collaborative work from our homes around the UK.
Location and Visa Sponsorship
Although we are remote, we can only consider applications from candidates who are resident in the UK. We are not able to provide visa sponsorship for this role.
Interviews can be stressful so we’ve designed our interview process to be fair, friendly and responsive. There are no surprise stages, and you’ll always be prepared for the next step.
- 20-30 minute non-technical phone/zoom chat about the role
- 45 minute zoom interview with the Head of Product
- A short exercise completed remotely (max 1 hr)
- 2 x 45 minute zoom interviews with a selection of our team
- Another 1:1 with our Head of Product
- 20-30 minute 1:1 with our CEO
We appreciate the time commitment we’re asking from you. Our commitments in return are:
- To get back to you quickly at every stage
- To give as much useful feedback as we can after your interview
- To schedule interviews at times that work for you – early mornings, lunchtime, evenings are all fair game
We welcome feedback. Let us know if you have any comments on the process in your application.
We don’t have a closing date for this role, so if the role is still advertised it is worth applying, but we are keen to find the right person as soon as possible, so please apply soon
Note to recruiters
We are not considering working with any agencies on this vacancy.