Hi there! We’re Founders Academy, a startup that’s on a mission to reimagine business education for the future of work and society.
Backed by Brent Hoberman (founder of lastminute.com & MADE.com), Founders Forum, a private network of the world’s leading tech entrepreneurs, and an all-star cast of angel investors, we sit at the heart of Europe’s tech ecosystem.
In January 2020, we successfully launched an alternative-MBA programme in partnership with London’s leading tech scaleups including Depop, Bulb, and Ada Health. In light of the pandemic, we believe there’s a historic opportunity for us to shape the future of lifelong learning, at a globe scale. As such, we’re taking the business in a new direction. We’re accelerating our ambition to productise our curriculum and open it up to the world via a groundbreaking new mobile app.
Landing page for the new product here: https://useframework.com. Think about it like “The Calm for business education.”
We’re a growing team with extensive leadership experience across tech, innovation and education, and we care deeply about bringing out the best in everyone around us. We’re a group of infinite learners building a culture that’s inclusive, collaborative, and wildly ambitious.
Do you want to join us? 🙌🏽
We’re looking for a talented senior product designer to lead the design of our mobile app and website. As our first design hire, you’ll be a foundational pillar of our product team. You’ll be reporting directly into Riya Pabari, our co-founder & CEO, but since we’re a small team, you’ll be working closely with everyone.
In the next 12-18 months, you will be…
- Working closely with our co-founders to launch an app loved by 10K+ paying subscribers.
- Rapidly prototyping & iterating designs based on user feedback and market research.
- Designing a cutting-edge user experience for a cross-platform mobile application, from scratch.
- Defining our visual style and setting our brand guidelines.
- Producing the visual assets for our platform, content and marketing campaigns.
- Implementing a design system to support easy hand-offs with the engineering team.
To be successful in this role, you will need to…
- Have significant experience designing world-class B2C user experiences for cross-platform mobile applications and responsive websites.
- Be a particularly strong illustrator and interaction designer.
- Have a strong aptitude in modern design tools such as Figma / Sketch / Framer / InVision / Zeplin / Marvel.
- Be obsessively focused on how our product can create value for our users, with an intuitive eye for their needs beyond the obvious.
- Have exceptional taste and the ability to translate that taste into beautiful product experiences, balancing a maniacal focus on details with a pragmatic focus on the business goals.
- Be excited about contributing to every stage of the product development process including user research, competition analysis, copywriting, journey maps, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, usability testing, A/B testing, and analytics.
- Revel in the challenge of turning ambiguous problems into effective solutions.
- Have a startup mindset and embrace the process of rapid prototyping for product experiments.
Where is the team based?
We’re currently located at the Founders Forum HQ on Kensington High Street with our sister companies. In light of the pandemic, we’ve taken on a hybrid working model. We typically meet in-person once a week on Mondays for strategic planning and collaborative problem-solving sessions, and spend the rest of the week working remotely. We’re keen to work with everyone on the team to have a home office setup that’s optimised for you to do your best work.
We’re a mission-driven, early-stage startup. If you’re looking for ping-pong tables, pub crawls, and other startup clichés, then this role probably isn’t for you.
If you’re looking to join the early team of a company that has the platform and ambition to shape the future of lifelong learning, then we can offer you:
- £55-65K salary
- meaningful equity
- the chance to design a product that could be in the pockets of millions of learners around the world
- the chance to establish our design principles from scratch
- a warm welcome into the Founders Forum Family
How do I apply?
We’re taking applications on a rolling basis. So, if this sounds like the career-defining adventure you’ve been waiting for, apply here today. Please note, we’re unfortunately not able to sponsor visas directly. A successful applicant must have authorisation to work in the UK. We look forward to hearing from you!