Are you a super-organised and hardworking Product Owner with a technical background in system architecture or infrastructure and stability who wants to build impactful software used by millions? We’re looking for an enthusiastic new addition to our Product Team to work with our infrastructure development team and help us deliver a world class experience to our global customer base.
If this sounds like you, then this could be your next exciting career step!
Elucidat is officially one of the UK’s Best Workplaces – we ranked in the top 25 of small businesses and the best in Brighton in 2020. This is a great opportunity to join a passionate, smart and fun team. You’ll be supporting us at an exciting stage of growth following our first round of investment last year.
What we do
We’re a SaaS business with a vision to help build more successful, more ethical businesses through people-centered training. Our platform helps big employers drive down the cost of business-critical training. We make elearning easy to produce – super fast. We work with some of the worlds most successful organizations, including Oxfam, Tesco and DECIEM.
We put people first. We know that life is about more than work, so we give you space and support to thrive professionally and personally. Our success is fuelled by the positive attitudes and exceptional talent of our team, who live by our Learn, Care, Share values every day.
- Create, maintain and own the backlog for the Infrastructure and DevOps Team to deliver a scalable platform to our authors and learners
- Work with your team to break work down into the smallest possible deliverable releases to enable continuous delivery
- Own the technical details so that you can document requirements and write clear user stories to engineers and QA
- Organise the work flow for the engineering and QA team via Jira
Run regular planning meetings and retrospectives to support the team in reaching their goals
- Work with the Product, UX and Engineering Teams to identify and plan insight driven updates to our platform
- Effectively measure and report on team velocity and the performance of work delivered
- You’ll report to the Head of Product Management on a day to day basis but should expect to regularly present progress to stakeholders at any level
The ideal person
- You have a technical background and a love for technical detail; perhaps a computer science degree or experience as a backend developer, DevOps engineer or 3rd line support engineer
- You might have a couple of years of Product Ownership experience or you could be making the first step from engineering into Product
- You’ve worked in an agile software development environment for a minimum of 2 years
- You love working as part of a team to solve problems and get stuff done
You’re adaptable and excited to join a fast growing team
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to articulate ideas clearly and succinctly.
- You consider yourself a lifelong learner with a constant appetite for personal development
- Jira mastery is a big bonus
- Our company values are ‘Learn, Care, Share’ which we apply to all aspects of our work, from our flexible working opportunities, to our friendly, supportive culture.
- Flexible working and a healthy work/life balance – opportunities to help you juggle other commitments, e.g. childcare
- Central Brighton office, we would like the successful candidate to be able to join us in the office at least once a week when this is possible.
Competitive salary, 25 days holiday (increasing to 30)
- Opportunities to grow – from our excellent onboarding process through career plans to help you progress
- Dedicated learning time – learning is one of our core values so we ensure this is nurtured within the company too, by offering you 1 day of dedicated learning time every month.
- Happier weekdays – A meeting-light culture and opportunities to get to know team members better through things like weekly ‘donuts’, monthly socials, and events. Free refreshments as well!
- Happier weeknights – We organise socials every month and bring together everyone in the business including all remote workers at least once every 6 months to do team building exercises and to share ideas over dinner.
- Giving back – There are opportunities for staff to give back to non-profit activities or charities that support the wider community. We also provide discounts to our software to charities such as Oxfam and Unicef.
- Everyone has a voice – We are building a culture where everyone is respected and has a voice in the day to day running of the company – a workplace where everyone is valued for the contributions they make. Our quarterly objectives (OKRs) are set by the entire team and we use the latest technologies to collect regular feedback anonymously through polling and pulse checks. We continually celebrate individual and collective achievements.