Interview dates provisionally: 9th and 10th March 2017 but we will be keeping it open so do try.
Bit of a long ad but there’s nothing in here that should surprise anyone.
CV’s directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christian Aid is an organisation that insists the world can and must be swiftly changed to one where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We provide urgent, practical and effective assistance where need is great, tackling the effects of poverty as well as its root causes.
We are mid-way through a total refresh of our frontline digital services, and we need a seasoned digital Product Owner to join the team to take our web presence to the next level.
About the role:
We are looking for a Product Owner with strong agile (Scrum) product development background experience to join the Digital Team to work on the Web Content side of our digital footprint. Our supporters need clear, honest and beautifully presented information about us and what we do. In the near term, we also have the challenge of opening up our Drupal platform to a wider number of editors within the organisation, to contribute and iterate content.
The scrum team also work hand in hand with stakeholder teams in Fundraising and Policy, international programmes and more, in order to create viable, target driven web products within the website.
The successful candidate will be:
- Working with user need paramount, instilling user research in to the process to enable best practice products to come to market for our supporters and external stakeholders
- Accountable for the end to end development backlog across web products and work alongside a number of stakeholders.
- Working in a self-organising Scrum team with User Research, Content Design and front end design & dev positively engaged in the ideation process
- Delivering multiple work streams and development projects, in an organised and efficient manner in a busy environment and on time.
- Identifying usage trends and understand their implications to integrate continuous improvement in to the production cycle.
- Exploiting opportunities presented by the growth of smartphones and tablets to optimise beautiful products that take ‘content’ beyond solely text and images in to contextual experience
Essential Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Must have previous experience as a product owner, within an agile software development environment.
- Previous experience working on complex consumer facing commercial and/or third sector web & mobile products, with a bias toward content heavy
- Demonstrable digital product management / producer experience at mid-weight level and above in an agency or client-side environment.
- Experience of working within a diversely skilled agile scrum team, in order to commit and complete roadmap items within agreed time constraints
- Confident in defence of user-centred design, whilst maintaining a client-centric attitude. Able to interact with internal stakeholders at a variety of levels and across functions, and manage expectations to ensure a satisfactory outcome.
- Experience in working with information architecture & design to ensure best-practice usability and accessibility standards.
- Sensitive to and able to provide support and guidance for stakeholders in project ideas (some of whom have limited experience of digital projects), empowering others to develop their ideas in line with focus on objectives and user needs to support KPI’s.
- A general understanding of web tech stacks: Servers, SDKs CRM, HTML/CSS, XML, APIs, etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of web technologies, digital marketing requirements, SEO, GA, social media, user experience, community and ePublishing projects.
- High levels of confidence, expert organisational, risk management and time management skills, and an ability to work calmly under pressure and to deadline while remaining respectful to the work, deadlines and targets of others.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, delivering them within the required time frames and budgets.
- Excellent communication skills; written, oral and visual.
- Aware of the latest mobile trends and developments and able to communicate to internal stakeholders and managers.
- Certified SCRUM product owner
Desirable skills and experience
- Experienced Jira user
- Experience of contract & SLA management and commissioning, data analysis and reporting, outsourcing of operational activities
- Experience of delivering a particularly content rich project to fruition with all the content architecture research that that entailed
- Experience using digital channels to market and engage with a volunteer supporter base.
- Interest and some knowledge of international affairs.
- Knowledge of charity / not for profit sector.
Salary range is £37,994 – £41,094
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.