X-lab are currently looking for a Technical Product Owner to join their growing team. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing high-impact healthcare technology business and support international scaling.
We are on a mission to change healthcare. Our core product, NPEx, is a national service that connects all UK labs together through a single exchange hub. We also play a key role in the UK’s pandemic response, matching requests & results for the majority of the country’s Covid tests. We will expand our reach to international markets in the coming year, and we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated candidates to drive this growth.
Our team is our most important asset, with a shared passion for improving healthcare through the development of efficient, safe and cost-effective solutions. Our culture drives a strong sense of teamwork and ownership. From quizzes to regular (Covid-safe) socials, we strive to offer a relaxed, but productive environment to make our important work a reality.
About the Role
The successful candidate will act as Product Owner on a squad with a critical remit; to continue to develop our platform to scale our number of clients, resilience and performance. This is one of 3 squads, which will likely expand to 4-6 by the end of the year.
Fulfil classic Product Owner responsibilities, including:
- Defining a vision for the squad & developing a roadmap aligned to quarterly and yearly Product OKRs.
- Managing and prioritising a backlog of well-written tasks & stories.
- Working collaboratively to explore and define solutions ready for development.
- Evaluating – and working collaboratively to improve – product success, within the squad’s area of responsibility.
Contribute to the wider product organisation, by:
- Inputting into quarterly and yearly OKRs.
- Monitoring, suggesting and implementing improvements to ways of working.
- 5+ years of experience working in a product capacity.
- Strong grasp of the fundamental principles of product ownership, Lean product development and Agile methodologies.
- Experience working across the product process (strategy to delivery).
- Strong technical background, including knowledge of technologies and architecture patterns such as Microservices, Serverless and Containerisation.
- Excellent soft skills and team management. We do not currently have dedicated Scrum Masters/Agile Coaches, so our product team is expected to create an environment for team success, and monitor/improve team dynamics.
- Bonus: Experience working in healthcare data & messaging (e.g. HL7, FHIR), with high-volume systems, and/or systems that handle sensitive data.
How to apply
Please email your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability, to email@example.com by 18th January 2021.