A bit about us
Before we tell you about what we do, let us tell you about who we are. We are a fiercely ambitious team striving to make a big impact. We set goals that are so bold that at other companies, one might be tempted to dismiss them out of hand. We are voracious learners – inside and outside of the workplace. We value everyone’s ideas equally and look at performance alone – your on-paper experience before you join becomes irrelevant the day you step in. We think logic should be the basis of all decision-making. We are transparent with our strengths and weaknesses. We believe success is not an accident. We want work to not feel like work. And sometimes we don’t behave – many a football has been thrown around Stint HQ.
We might have an informal culture, but we have a very serious mission – supporting high street businesses up and down the UK as they fight for survival, and transforming the world of work for students. We help businesses with a new way of running their operations that dramatically improves their profitability, while empowering all university students – who can order meals, movies, cabs, and pretty much anything other than earn money, at the touch of a button – to work anywhere, anytime, with anyone.
We have purposefully been keeping a low profile, but today we have a team of 60+, over 25,000 students signed up to do Stints, and work with some of the biggest hospitality businesses in the industry. And we haven’t even really gotten started. We’ll be trying to break records in terms of the speed of our growth in 2021, as we rapidly expand to all corners of the UK and beyond, supporting the recovery of the hospitality industry. Our market is immense, our product-market fit is indisputable, and our team is made up of talented colleagues who are driven to propel Stint through to its next stage of growth.
We’re looking for someone who believes in our mission and embodies four principles that we believe to be core to who we are – Kindness, Integrity, Ambition, and Energy. We want everyone to love what they do, continuously take on new challenges, and be inspired to build long-term relationships with colleagues as they grow with Stint. And we have a strict no-ego policy. The way we work doesn’t suit everyone, but if the above excites you as much as it does us, please do drop us a line.
We look forward to meeting you!
What you will be doing
- Working with our product, design and engineering teams to deliver on an ambitious roadmap
- Deliver new product features with tangible business outcomes
- Manage sprints including the backlog, specification and prioritisation processes and participating in key ceremonies (e.g. stand ups, retrospectives, sprint plannings)
- Create and review user stories (inc. acceptance criteria, QA etc.)
- Understand the main problems, clearly communicate them & document requirements in a detailed manner in liaison with wider stakeholders (both internal/external)
- Define, monitor and analyse metrics for existing and upcoming products and features
- Collaborate cross functionally with other areas of the business
- Inspire, motivate and lead engineers and designers
Who you will be
- Product management experience – ideally within a tech-led enterprise environment
- Familiar with product management software
- Comfortable with every aspect of the development lifecycle; from initial ideation and creation of user stories, through to Sprint Planning and QA
- A track record of managing (and delivering) multiple projects in parallel
- Autonomous attitude (you *do not* require (or like) micro-management)
- An ability to simplify, communicate, and sell ideas to multiple groups of stakeholders, with a relentless enthusiasm to over-deliver on targets and expectations
- You are infamous for rolling up your sleeves and just get things done
- You care a lot about people – those playing your game, in your team and in your company working collaboratively across all business areas
- Obsessed with detail, have good logical, sound analytical and numerical capabilities
- Ability to smoothly switch between strategy and detail, and work through ambiguity to deliver outcomes
- Positivity – you’ve got the charisma, but not the ego, to make a good impression
- Start-up experience – You have most likely worked in fast-paced, high growth areas, where development is fast, continuous, and iterative. You thrive in these types of environments
- Finger on the pulse of best-practice product management methodologies
- A deep appreciation of excellent design, UX and beautiful digital products
- Excellent analytical skills with strong technical understanding and experience with metrics-driven work
- Experience with planning, running & analysing A/B tests
What we can offer you
- Social, friendly and welcoming team
- Fast path to promotion and increased responsibility
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Share options