West Tenth is an all-in-one digital marketplace connecting you with home-based businesses in your community. With everything from custom cakes and photography to home décor, West Tenth brings you the best of local businesses! West Tenth launched in Ventura County, CA in September 2019 and is currently expanding throughout Southern California, Salt Lake City, and other communities around the US. West Tenth is a VC backed startup and completed a Techstars Accelerator program in 2020.
We are looking to hire our first Director of Product Management and are looking for someone who wants to join us in redesigning the digital shopping experience! If you are looking for an opportunity that allows you to think big, use your creativity, and leave your mark in the digital marketplace industry, this role is for you!
West Tenth is looking for a Director of Product Management to own the following:
- Use a human-centered design approach to listen to, empathize with and understand customer problems and test potential solutions through an iterative cycle
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to discover feature ideas and opportunities for optimization and then validate them
- Use what you learn throughout the cycle to develop and own product roadmap and OKRs
- Examine competitive landscape and identify opportunities to create simple and innovative user-experiences that improve the customer experience
- Collaborate with UX designers to ensure an easy but powerful user experience
- Partner with engineers to help guide feature development
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-5+ years of product experience including product discovery, development, and analysis
- Experience working with UX designers and collaborating on new concepts and iteration
- Experience working with engineering, understand technical trade-offs, and prioritization
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated capabilities interpreting data and qualitative research and distilling into actionable takeaways
- Self-starter with ability to build programs from scratch and prioritize
- Ability to manage in an environment of ambiguity with diverse stakeholders
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Marketplace experience
- Software or mobile app development product experience
- Start-up and corporate work experience
West Tenth does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.