Would you like to create the future of a product used by thousands of businesses and millions of consumers? Phorest Salon Software powers over 7,000 hair and beauty salons in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Australia, Finland and the USA and the platform processes 7 million appointments a month for hair and beauty consumers. Phorest is the number 1 salon software brand for premium independent salons in those markets and our next goal is to become a platform upon which other companies can build applications for premium salons.
Our system touches every point of the salon experience – from the in-salon software appointment calendar and CRM with a fully integrated marketing suite to staff apps to payments. We are also the window through which the salon provides their end customer with an amazing experience through custom native apps, eCommerce and online bookings. Why? Because we want to help salons find their dream clients and get them back more often and spending more.
Phorest’s Product and Development teams are growing rapidly along with our customer base which will double over the next two years. We are now hitting a stage where we want to scale up even faster to meet the huge opportunities ahead of us. You will play a critical role in that success by taking on a major area of the product and bringing it into the future to help us realise our product vision.
This is a senior role in the Product team, working with the Head of Product to drive best in class product practices and help effectively scale the team as Phorest grows. As a Senior Product Manager you will also be responsible for core areas of the Product as well as leading a team of Product Managers to help them solve customer’s problems in an innovative way. You will drive the outcomes for your area which make sure we do this well and that we grow the Phorest business as a result. Within Phorest we have an autonomous team set up where a product manager will be paired with a designer and a dedicated scrum team of developers to focus on one specific area of our product platform.
- Leading a team by empowering them and creating an environment to encourage visionaries.
- Staying abreast of product, industry and competitor trends in order to lead the team to deliver a world class user experience that solves real customer problems in an efficient way.
- Responsible for product definition, product scoping, product planning, delivery and ensuring that we hit and maintain the outcomes for your product areas.
- Be the voice of the salon owner and their clients to drive the creation of the ideal client experience on behalf of salons.
- Using modern practices and all of the information available to you (across data, customer feedback, user testing, support and internal teams) you will discover the new features we need to build to move the company forward.
- Thorough discovery work to be carried out in order to ensure we are doing the right amount of thinking upfront – solving the right customer problems, uncovering risks and communicating scope early to the business.
- Use the data we have available to continually measure and improve features we ship. You will drive impactful metrics such as adoption, churn, salon performance rates and revenue for your area.
- Working with business, design and technical people to run an agile development team and deliver the best product possible.
- Create a product vision and roadmap for your areas and ensure teams are set up for success to deliver on the roadmap.
- Actively manage and engage stakeholders across the business, inspiring others and generating momentum behind the product vision.
- Being someone who is a regular consumer of hair and beauty salons is a plus.
What do you need?
- 5+ years experience in a product management role.
- Experience managing people who manage others and the proven ability to build team capability.
- You think deeply about how to hire, lead, organise, inspire and motivate.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to deliver business outcomes.
- Knowledge of, and experience working in, eCommerce.
- Well developed communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and persuade, build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Experience doing thorough discovery with external and internal stakeholders.
- The ability to say no is a must, taking all feedback on board and being clear on what we can’t do so we can focus on what we need to do.
- Experience setting and tracking key metrics/outcomes for the commercial success of your product.
- A can do attitude with a growth mindset and eagerness to learn.
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Be obsessed with usage data and how to find the points to improve.
- Having worked in marketing products, consumer products, consumer booking or mobile products is a plus
- Your wellbeing is important to us – we provide private healthcare, an employee assistance program and a free online GP service (WebDoc).
- As part of our Financial Wellbeing, we provide competitive Compensation, an Employee Share Purchase Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, and Income Protection.
- We help you travel by providing a bike to work scheme as well as tax saver transport tickets.
- We care for your family and provide Enhanced Maternity and Paternity benefits.
- We grow our own timber! We provide a great learning environment including an extensive onboarding program.
- Career development is important to us. We even have our own in-house Learning and Development/Business coach and many online resources including LinkedIn learning.
- We don’t believe in formal dress codes. We prefer business casual.
- We understand work/life balance is so important. We offer flexibility around working in the office or remotely. If you do want to join us in our office, we have an excellent city centre location which you can easily get to from all parts of the city
Phorest is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company.
Phorest does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.