MagmaLabs is seeking an entrepreneurial Product Manager that is willing to be an active part in projects right from the beginning until the final delivery. This is the perfect role for a leader who wants to work with a world-class virtual team. Very little about this position or company are ordinary. We go fast, build multiple products at the same time, and strive to be at the forefront of innovation within the world of web and mobile commerce.
Why this role exists?
Customers are what make a product successful. Without customers willing to buy, it doesn’t matter how good or innovative or beautiful or reasonably priced a product is: it will fail. In order to create the right product for the problem that the customers are willing to pay we need a process that can use the evidence and scientific method is order to generate innovation and wealth. An appropriate Product Management is need it for achieving this.
Our team of brilliant engineers and designers is just one element of building great products. We also need to collaborate with our clients on product vision, development, and measurement against goals and metrics. That’s where the Product Manager comes in. We’re looking for strong leaders who aren’t afraid of managing multiple teams and clients in a fast-paced environment. As a fast-growing global company, MagmaLabs presents tremendous growth opportunities for the right people.
What success looks like?
Our product managers are entrepreneurial thinkers who partner with our clients to help make their companies successful. Our clients usually know what they want, but our product managers know what they need. They have a deep knowledge of eCommerce, fintech and have experience crafting great products people love to use. Product Managers are often leading multiple high-impact projects at any given time and are well-versed in customer, outcomes and time management with difficult prioritization.
- Super strong written and verbal communicator.
- Experience working with both Magento and Spree platforms.
- A passion for eCommerce and appreciation for innovation in the field.
- Experience leading the development of at least 1 product from concept to launch.
- Thoughtful decision maker with experience in high-impact environments.
- Willingness to travel to spend face time with clients and the team in Mexico.
- Software savvy and/or an eagerness to learn.
- Experience working with or at startups and high-growth companies is a plus!
- SCRUM certification
- Brainstorm and envision product ideas with clients, designers, and engineers.
- Work with the customer to:
- Translate his/her business goals in actionable metrics and to agree in the definition of done
- Meet the intended audience of the product to engage in requirements elicitation
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by analyzing the market research done by the customer
- Set out a vision for the product or a general framework for making product decisions
- Identify areas of opportunity for processes improvements
- Lead and mentor teams of local and remote engineers and designers.
- Be the face of the company as the key point-of-contact with clients.
- Drive alignment in project teams (designers, developers, and QA) with customers needs.
- Identify risks and contingencies for key projects and products.
- Effectively manage blockers for the development team
- Establish goals and metrics and measure impact to drive product iteration.
- Establish thought leadership in eCommerce through research and client case studies.
- Partner with the business development team to determine fit for new potential projects.
- Mentoring and training other members of organization in product design and management best practices.
- Manage agile processes and tools including but not limited to Trello and Pivotal Tracker.
How to apply
Send your full resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF, and let us know why would you like to join MagmaLabs.