Lessonly is powerfully simple training software that helps teams learn, practice, and do better work. We enable busy teams to get on the same page, stay ahead of change, and deliver amazing experiences to customers and prospects. We’re on a mission to help people across the globe do better work.
We believe that better work starts with people – and we’re looking for ambitious, humble and collaborative people to join the team.
We’re looking for an experienced Manager, Product Management to join our growing product team. As the leader of our PM team, you’ll have the opportunity to impact the lives of tens of thousands of learners on the Lessonly platform while mentoring and supporting product managers across multiple product squads. The Manager, Product Management works in partnership with other members of the P&E management team to define and execute against the strategic roadmap.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in product management for a B2B SaaS software product, with at least 2 years managing and developing a team. The Manager, Product Management will report to the VP of Product.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manager (50-60%)
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching a team of product managers.
- Recruit and onboard new team members
- Manage the performance cycle for the team, recommending promotions and bonuses as needed and conducting quarterly reviews to support team members in progress towards their goals.
- Build and maintain growth frameworks for PM role, allowing for career development and advancement for the PM team
- Conduct regular 1-on-1 team meetings, identifying opportunities for coaching, support and guidance while maintaining a clear balance of accountability and autonomy.
- Provide guidance to the product management team on the development and execution of short and long-term product roadmap and strategic initiatives. Assist in prioritization decisions as needed and consult with PMs on product discovery and delivery
- Work in partnership with other members of the Product & Engineering management team to support and maintain highly effective cross-functional teams and create strong cross-functional processes across P&E teams. The team includes management representatives across Product, Design, Engineering and Quality Assurance.
- Represent product management in a cross departmental group of managers at Lessonly. Facilitate PM involvement in company initiatives, customer interactions and serve as evangelist for the PM function within Lessonly at this level.
- Product Enablement (20-30%):
- Partner with the Director of Product to continuously build best practices, processes and tools for product management to ensure success and high levels of collaboration within P&E teams and throughout the organization.
- Build and maintain healthy feedback loops across Product and customer facing teams (Account Management, Sales, Support, Services, etc).
- Set an example of what great product work looks like at Lessonly and strive to continuously improve the processes, tools and skillset
- Serve as a mentor for other members of the team to share knowledge of the product, business, industry and product management best practices.
- Represent the company and product direction in customer interactions, all-team meetings, etc. Communication and presentation to the company, executive team, customer advisory board and other stakeholders is a critical part of this role.
- Product Management (20-30%):
- While the primary function of this role is mentor/coach, you may be asked to step in as individual contributor when needed. Ability to fulfill the duties of Product Manager is key to success for this role. This includes a skillset and willingness to go deep into research and opportunity shaping and as well as manage the nuances of epic and story shaping and delivery management.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of customer, business and market to provide leadership on product direction and support team in identifying opportunities
- Leverage analytics to study opportunities and define KPIs to turn insights into action. This includes use of sales analytics, usage analytics, split-test results. You know how to ask the right questions, analyze the data, and synthesize in order to help make decisions.
- 5+ years experience in product management for a B2B SaaS software product, with at least 2 years managing and developing a team
- Proven track record of success working in highly collaborative, cross functional teams to iteratively deliver value to customers via product enhancements and new functionality.
- Experience with product management methodologies, roadmap management and backlog prioritization.
- Ability to translate business and technical information into easy to understand materials for customers and Lessonly teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholder relationships and expectations
- Excellent communication skills allow for clear and consistent communication with internal and external stakeholders. Comfortable presenting to customers as well as in Lessonly all-team settings.
How We Work at Lessonly
We are a tight-knit group with diverse backgrounds who value our culture. Individually, we strive to be humble, hungry, and people-smart. As a team we put learners first, we share before we’re ready, we ask clarifying questions, we highlight what’s working, we have difficult conversations, we get agreements, and we make time for life. These aren’t just slogans we put on the wall… these are values we aspire to live by every day.