We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager with experience launching full products from start to finish and a can-do attitude to join our multidisciplinary team. You’ll be highly integrated with the business, product, design, and engineering teams and work as a product manager across client-facing and internal projects. We’re looking for motivated individuals that are excited about learning and growing as an individual as well as actively improving the wider team.
At SVI, a Sr. Product Manager owns the product delivery lifecycle from discovery to launch. Specifically, the job consists of four main components:
– Client Management: Silicon Valley Insight is primarily a full-service software consultancy – we build software products for our clients. As a Sr. Product Manager, you will be expected to lead engagements with the client, which will include, but is not limited to, speaking with the client to fully understand their business needs, presenting product demos to the client, and ultimately building a relationship with the client.
– Product Management: After speaking with the client and understanding their needs, a Sr. Product Manager will document the needs collaboratively with engineers and designers such that they can build the desired product. Over the course of a project, you will also test the product iteratively and give necessary feedback to work towards the client’s vision.
– Project Management: In parallel with client and product management, a Sr. Product Manager is also responsible for managing the delivery of the project. This translates to working closely with engineers to build out a project timeline and product roadmap, running daily standup meetings / retrospectives, and notifying internal SVI stakeholders as well as the client how the project is tracking against the promised delivery date.
– Mentorship: SVI aims to build a community of individuals who build on each other’s talents whenever possible. As a Sr. Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to mentor, train, and develop junior PMs and junior Designers on skills ranging from writing technical documentation to leading other team members.
We’re looking for a team member who has experience with:
– 2-6 years of product experience, preferably in launching a full new product (not just a feature) from start to finish
– Leading a team (point person for a project pushing the progress forward and accountable to stakeholders)
– Managing project development (owning product roadmap and backlog, writing tasks, running DSMs, sprint planning timelines)
– (Bonus) Managing clients and/or multiple internal stakeholders, even in a non-PM role
… And also:
– Has a growth mindset
– Has clear communication skills, is proactive, and flexible
– Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment
– Takes full ownership of their work, sets their own tasks, and raises concerns in a timely manner
– Is comfortable with ambiguity and can balance making polish/time tradeoffs
– Understands the importance of iterating not just on your work but also the processes and systems to do that work in collaboration with others
– Has an interest in mentoring others and leaving people and things better than you found them
SVI is a digital software and product development company founded at Stanford University. We work with innovative companies and founders to build digital products from scratch: inception, specification, design, prototype, development, launch, and full-scale production.
While much of our client work is discreet, our recent design projects have ranged from collaboration with international rap stars to interfaces that secure hundreds of thousands of IoT devices to software acquired by a camera company for $110M+.
We are a remote-first team with global experience. Our 20+ full-time, salaried engineering, design, and product staff span North America, South America, Europe, Oceania, and Asia.