At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As a Product Manager, you’ll be embedded on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, and own and prioritize the product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each and every iteration.
What is Appian? Appian is a low-code application platform that lets businesses build powerful cloud and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code. This position will be specifically focused on a backend sub-system that is responsible for the internal messaging infrastructure, data pipeline, and core services which power the Appian platform. This component of the software is not user-facing, but has strong implications on the scalability and reliability requirements that our customers expect.
This position is for you if you have experience with and a passion for the following: distributed messaging systems, high availability, dynamic scalability, and site reliability engineering.
What you’ll do: Prioritize, define, and ensure success of product features for the messaging and orchestration layer for the Appian services framework at the roadmap level as well as functional specifications for each feature at the sprint level.
- Prioritize what we should build and when by collaborating with stakeholders on product vision and strategy, while taking customer feedback into account.
- Share ideas and receive feedback from technical teams on new features.
- Define how those features will work through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions
- Manage the release and sprint backlog through planning, backlog grooming, execution, review, and release.
- Write detailed specification for the team and fellow product managers to review and provide feedback on.
- Ensure successful delivery of features to confirm the desired impact by tracking adoption/usage.
- Own features all the way through final documentation, go to market, prioritization of bugs and enhancements, and usage analysis.
- Help shepherd the team and department to a new model of continuous delivery of individual services from the current cadence-based release process.
- You understand the value of cutting edge infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes and are eager to help us use it to take our product to new heights.
- You have 4+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in a Product Owner role.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, and execute in order to accomplish amazing things.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to draw clarity out of complex and ever-changing environments; ability to communicate the benefits and drawbacks of various technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact.
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great back-end features and capabilities.
- Proven ability to translate broad customer requirements around scalability and availability into a technical feature set that can be delivered incrementally.
- Experience with distributed systems is preferred.
Most importantly, passionate about software and cloud-native architecture!
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.