At Busuu, we believe amazing things happen when we learn together. This belief has led us to develop the world´s largest language learning community with over 100m users from 190 countries, growing at up to 30,000 new users per day. The Busuu experience offers the best way to learn a language, with human interaction and courses created by experts, all powered by smart learning technology.
Our vision at Busuu is to inspire the world to learn together.
Your role is pivotal in forging future success for Busuu and our learners across the world. Our users are learning languages to effect real change within their lives and achieve life-long dreams. Your role is to find exciting and sustainable ways to connect our users with the value Busuu offers. This extends from the first moment a user interacts with Busuu, through their initial learning moments and to their ongoing success and engagement.
Through user acquisition, onboarding and early adoption of Busuu we’re looking for someone who can take on some big challenges on an international level. Building experiences customised for our users throughout the world you’ll be able to harness the huge amount of research and insights at your fingertips to discover opportunities and test new ideas.
You’ll be leading the Growth Squad within the wider Growth Tribe and reporting to the Growth Tribe Product Lead. Running a multi-disciplinary team of iOS, Android, Web & Backend engineers, you’ll be responsible for discovering and developing opportunities for new experiences which support our ambitious growth plans, and then getting them to market.
You’ll have the opportunity to reimagine how users understand and find value in language learning. You’ll use your growth mindset to innovate along the lifetime experience and will care deeply about customer needs, business efficiencies and commercial outcomes.
You’re a collaborator, team player and strategic in your approach to ideation. Working with designers, marketeers, analysts and engineers you can call on all these areas to discover and deliver experiences that customers love, and which deliver commercial success.
You’ll be hypothesis driven and analytical. You’ll use this knowledge to lead the Growth Squad Experimentation Roadmap and believe that through experimentation we can learn faster and deliver more value for our customers.
You will be:
- Highly commercially minded – understanding customer value, and driving commercial performance through providing that value to the top and bottom line
- Deeply customer-centric – understanding and using the power of qualitative research and user-centric design to discover customer value and ensure it is easy and intuitive to use
Intensely analytical – you use quantitative data at the heart of decision making, and you are familiar with AB testing principles. You use data to discover opportunities, identify issues and drive performance
- Highly collaborative – you excel at communication, bringing together people with diverse experiences, opinions and opportunities in order to drive decisions and action. You build deep relationships based on trust and respect
- Coaching mindset – you enjoy learning and sharing your learnings with others to help them improve
Being a part of Busuu – How do things work:
We are acutely aware that we are in unprecedented times and like all companies we need to adapt to this in order to safeguard our Busuu community. In order to do this we are constantly reviewing the government guidelines and adapting accordingly to accommodate the physical and mental wellbeing of our employees. In the current global climate, some of our team events are virtual and some of our benefits have been amended.
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- We have an amazing office which is available for you to work from if you would like to do so, this is completely optional at the moment in the current environment. If you would like to be in the office we have put in place lots of important social distancing practices to ensure you are safe to meet with your colleagues in person
- The office is well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Social interaction is really important to us so we have lots of remote activities for you to join into such as team events, socials, online weekly quiz, etc
- Their is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend virtual conferences and events that you find interesting
- We have a subscription with Perkbox which has great additional benefits for you to choose from
- To keep you active and help your mindfulness we offer weekly virtual yoga sessions
- Busuu offers a great private health insurance scheme
- You can also join our company pension with contributions from Busuu
- We like to support our teams with their work life balance so we offer flexible working hours
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process is as follows:
- CV application review – We will review it as quickly as possible and update on the next steps
- Let’s chat – Quick chat about your experience and the role, we are looking to understand both how we can help you and how you can raise the bar at Busuu
- Product challenge – You will be asked to take on a short product challenge and then present it back to the team. We are interested in how you think and how you approach problems rather than any one ‘right’ way of doing things.
- Face-to-face and meet the team – You’ll be asked to come in and have deeper interviews with the Busuu team, plus the chance to learn more about us, our culture and values.