Ruffly is: 🚀
- an early stage project management startup
- on a mission to give project managers better tools using data
- currently in beta with an MVP, learning what users really want
- the short answer is that we’ve reached 2021 and it is still incredibly hard to plan software. We think there must be a better way.
- the long answer is here: https://ruffly.com/why-ruffly
This is your chance to shape the future of project management using data!
You are any of these things (these are ORs not ANDs!)
- an experienced B2B product manager looking to make a bigger impact in a small company
- a passionate project manager who is frustrated with the tools and knows how they could be better
- experienced in delivering software in an agency and intimate with the challenges of planning it
- a senior product person wanting to drive growth from the earliest stage
We are looking to hire a Head of Product to own product development at Ruffly. You’ll translate ideas into strategy and features, and lead product development from start to finish. You’ll work closely with the founder and engineers to help build an outstanding project management product for our users. You’ll be a member of the ‘management team’ as the company grows but at this stage we are completely flat.
This is a key role in our company – employee number 4 and a role that will help make or break Ruffly as a product. No pressure but we are looking for someone who thinks they have what it takes to create a better Atlassian from the start. This is a Head of role because you will be expected to take ownership for creating the product roadmap and making sure we build the rights stuff. You should be aware that until we are revenue generating you will be the entirety of the product team. You will have a budget for design consulting but not for another full-time hire until next year so you need to be a self-starter and a self-finisher. 🙂
- Develop and implement a product strategy consistent with the Ruffly vision
- Collect and analyse feedback from customers to shape requirements, features and the product
- Create product plans and roadmaps
- Measure and improve Ruffly on-boarding, retention, growth-loops and integrations
- Make creative recommendations to expand our product base and vision
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Grow the Ruffly user base
Things we are looking for
- Demonstrable high achievement in your previous Product Management or similar role
- A deep understanding of best-in-class playbooks for B2B SaaS product growth
- Problem-solving aptitude and leadership abilities
- Creative ideas on how to ‘fix’ software project management
- Huge ambition to create a massively successful product business
Good to have
- Background in software development and project/program management
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Previous experience in a B2B startup
The role comes with a competitive startup and equity options. We also provide a pension contribution and a laptop.
The company is currently completely remote. If we were to go back to having an office in the future, it would be in Edinburgh but we will support flexibly remote working going forward, so this role can be based anywhere in the UK. We are also happy to consider flexible time working arrangements if that is what it takes to secure the ideal candidate. Your enthusiasm and ambition for building a successful product is more important that anything else.
Applying for the role ✍️
Our application process is simple; please apply at the link above where you will be asked for:
- Your CV
- Answers to some questions to help us figure out if you are a good fit
Your answers are the most important part of this process, so please give them an appropriate level of thought. Our selection process will involve an initial filtering of the applications by the founder, followed by a video interview and a presentation by you on B2B product growth.