Hummingbird Technologies is the leading global remote sensing business for agriculture, using artificial intelligence and imagery analytics gathered from drones, planes and satellites technology, combined with weather and soil data and expert plant pathology to enable precision agriculture. We use the most advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques, delivering actionable insights on crop health directly to the field meaning farmers on the ground are able to manage their land in a more sustainable manner.
We were awarded KPMGs Best British Tech Startup 2019 and Cognition X Best AI Product for Agriculture 2018.
Existing backers of the business include: The European Space Agency, Sir James Dyson, Horizon Ventures, Downing Ventures and Velcourt, Europe’s largest commercial farming operation. We also have tech partners which include Google UK and Cranfield University.
Hummingbird was founded in 2016 at the Imperial College technology incubator and we have raised over £10m in funding so far.
We operate internationally with offices in the UK, Ukraine, Russia, Australia, Brazil and Canada.
You are an expert in SaaS product management. You have launched software products in many markets around the world and can prove the impact you have had on your target users.
You are analytical in your problem solving. Using many tools at your disposal, you are able to craft a clear understanding of the problem before you set out to find the most innovative solution with the highest impact.
Your interest in research is what brings you here. You’re tired of working on bland, dull products looking for a market. You need to be making a real, global, positive impact in what you do, working closely with a skilled R&D team engaged in deep learning, remote imagery and agricultural sciences.
You are an organised leader with a focus on delivery. You enjoy being a key member of a team that pushes everyone to do better. You are always curious and asking questions about ways to better serve your users the competition would struggle to match.
- Demonstrable experience working in a product management capacity, ideally in enterprise SaaS products.
- A portfolio that shows the depth of your experience in launching technically or scientifically complex solutions into a global market.
- You have worked extensively with software engineers using agile methodologies over the last 5 years.
- You can demonstrate advanced skills in qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis and interpretation.
- You can talk to us about (at least) 3 large, research-heavy projects you have led in the last 3 years involving significant ambiguity, challenges, budget, teamwork and impact.
- University educated in a relevant field.
Extra points from us for being able to demonstrate an interest in any of the following: sustainability, data visualisation, analytics, machine learning or agriculture.
- Private Healthcare
- Government Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Learning & development allowance