Technical Product Manager
Mobula is the latest exciting business built by the team behind Grabble, one of the most successful mobile commerce apps in Europe. At Mobula we are building a native commerce platform to deliver the most simple, beautiful and valuable commerce experiences for consumers wherever they are.
About the role
We have a fantastic opening for a Technical Product Manager to lead the development of our Mobula Native Commerce Platform. Co-ordinating a team working across Web, Android and iOS technologies to complete the goals required to deliver Mobula. This is not a role that involves any coding, but you should have the ability to understand a complex technology stack and work effortlessly with engineers and designers to deliver products. Become a leader in the organisation and take ownership for product delivery. Motivate product team members around singular vision and create processes that suit the business stage. Work with the founders to define platform roadmap and input into commercial decisions/timelines.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Bringing product strategy to life by translating it into real products we build and ship!
- Lead the technical development and release of products
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Drive product development with a team of engineers and designers
- Understand Mobula’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Working closely with Engineering teams to define the use-cases and product roadmap for the product stream.
- Be the voice of the customer– understand who we build products for and passionately advocate their needs within Mobula.
- Effectively prioritize the competing demands for product features and improvements.
- Be data-driven to understand the impact of all your products, and create feedback analyses to inform iterative product development.
It’s all about attitude for us. Here at Mobula we love dedication, enthusiasm, and innovation. We’re shaking up the mobile industry, and welcome candidates who want to be a part of this ambitious journey. But it’s not just hard work: we also appreciate a bit of quirkiness and fun along the way.
We are looking for someone with the following experience / skills:
- You have substantial product management experience and demonstrated experience building and launching products.
- You have worked with a mobile team and understand the release cycle.
- You have launched complex technical products that have demonstrated growth in scale or revenue.
- You have experience working closely with engineers in the agile methodology
- You have strong spoken and written communication skills, and the confidence and energy to inspire and motivate a team
Preferably, we would also love if you also bring some or all of:
Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering and industry experience as a developer
Experience with/familiarity of the online publishing or retail space, especially around product metadata
Ideally you will have experience working with Agile tools like Jira.
Why work for Mobula?
Why not? Be part of something new!
The Grabble team have already established their influence and ability in the mobile commerce landscape winning numerous awards in tech, the fashion industry, and even the British monarchy. We’ve topped charts, raised millions and had a great time along the way. And all of that was without you – imagine what we can do with you!
Our Mobula platform enables us not only to power mobile commerce for brands and retailers, it also enables us to host hackathons and make our own fun apps to launch in the App stores! Who knows where the journey will take us – but your job is to make sure we make great strides forward and have a great time doing it.
Some perks include (but not limited to):
- Health Insurance
- ‘Flexible’ working hours – Like the gym? Yoga? Don’t like going at the busiest times? That personal development class the other side of London that you’ve been dying to go to? That’s fine, just make your office hours up before or after. If you’re happy, you’re productive and if you’re productive, we’re happy!
- Hankering for a snack? Fully stocked fridge to quench your hunger.
- We all work hard – so it’s good to recharge with a little break. Tea time is 4pm, for 20 minutes, every day, grab a mug, relax, go for a walk, take a breather, come back more productive.
- Awesome East London office 30 seconds from Old Street station complete with in house cafe/bar/event space, and other amazing startups.
- Togetherness – Teams Night in, and Team night out once a month
- Staying late? Deliveroo on us.
- Staying real late? Uber on us.