Please apply via our Workable page
Boiler Room is the world’s leading community of underground music fans. We live-stream DJ sets and live gigs from music hubs such as London, Berlin, New York, Paris, LA and >60 other cities to music lovers all over the world. It started as a webcam taped to a warehouse wall in East London – in five years Boiler Room has grown to become the online home of underground music, and also a complex broadcasting and editorial platform in its own right.
We are currently in the process of building the next generation of Boiler Room apps. We have upwards of a million users interact with our products a month, and that’s not including the hundreds of millions of views that our videos have accumulated on YouTube and Dailymotion. We want to create a completely unique app experience that lives up to the quality of our live shows.
You’ll be working in our new office in East London and you’ll of course be able to go to and invite your friends to the exclusive parties being live-streamed on the site.
About Product at Boiler Room.
Boiler Room product team is mostly in-house designers, developers, and a Head of Product. We do have some remote developers also.
We heavily lean towards user research informing our product, and we run Lean experiments to verify our hunches quickly.
We have an iPhone app launched, a website with users in the millions, an Android app being developed, and Smart TV apps in progress.
We are looking for a super-talented digital designer with a passion for creating unique online experiences and music in equal measures. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated and will thrive on working within a small collaborative team that have a whole load of exciting products in the pipeline.
This role will be fundamental in the Boiler Room Product team reaching its goals of a multi-platform experience across web, mobile apps, TV and more.
We are after someone who will get excited by:
– User research and testing
– Sketching, prototyping and generally solving problems
– Articulating your thinking to the wider team
– Taking initiative in your own work
– Usability in design (and a user-centred approach to what you do)
– The design detail – From spacing, typography, animation and transitions
– Sketch, Marvel, Keynote, Zeplin (and any new fangled tool we’re not on to yet!)
– Collaborating with the wider team and other departments
– Working with others to build-up research and test ideas early
We’re looking for someone who can take direction from others when necessary, but can also help others by articulating feedback clearly. A friendly, down-to-earth designer is a must. No egos please.
– 5 years designing digital products
– Examples of where you have used the full design process to solve a clear user problem and deliver a digital feature
– Mobile design experience