Summary of role:
As a Product Manager you will own one or more products and be responsible for leading the full life-cycle of them, owning the vision, strategy and roadmap. You’ll take your product from ideation and discovery through design, delivery, preparation for launch, measuring of success, and iterations.
Working closely with engineering, you are ultimately responsible for making sure we’re building the right things for customers of your products. Your partners in engineering are responsible for making sure we build these things in the right way, but both of you care deeply about both things – it’s one team!
At Cazoo we believe in autonomous empowered Product Teams. While there will be plenty of strong opinions across our business about what the right thing to build is, you and your team are responsible for rapidly evaluating these ideas using experimentation and data to determine what is the right thing to build for our customers and business. Don’t expect to be dictated to or told what to build!
About Order Management:
The mission of the Order Management team is to help our customer services team scale while ensuring Cazoo customers have a completely delightful experience – from finding the right car to delivery to everything in between.
We aim to create a seamless customer experience of purchasing a car by providing self serve features, providing intuitive tooling for our customer services team, and ultimately ensuring customers want to come back to Cazoo and purchase another car! Projects and initiatives may change depending on what will provide value to customers and customer services at any given time. Because of the breadth of improvements that can be made in this area; this role focuses on prioritising what will have the most impact, working closely with stakeholders to understand their problems, and being creative in providing great products.
- Work with your customers, team and stakeholders to identify problems to solve or opportunities for growth
- Take responsibility for forming hypotheses and measures, and ensuring there is a backlog of epics with agreed priority
- Formulate the vision, strategy and roadmap for your product area, ensuring alignment of strategic priorities and roadmap across entire product portfolio
- Lead stakeholder sessions to determine key customer outcomes
- Lead product discovery, collaborating with UX, User Research, Engineering and key business SMEs…
- ….utilising rapid experimentation via a toolbox of techniques (e.g., user testing, concierge tests, prototypes, fake doors, wizard-of-oz, demand tests, A/B or MVT, etc.)…
- …to determine what the right thing to build is for your customers – supported by data and evidence – as quickly and cheaply as possible
- Work with the business, technical and product teams to understand the needs of your customers
- Champion solutions that work for our customers and the business
- Define use cases and user journeys
- Work in close partnership with your team’s Technical lead
Lead the product design and builds to ensure we deliver in an efficient, cost effective manner
- Prioritise and set the team direction, creating a sense of urgency and momentum
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Manage features through development, ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date
- Break down your deliverables into smaller value chunks and iterate through delivery, releasing value early and often
- Work closely with Tech lead and team to plan sprints, releases and coordinate across dependent products
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to launch features (both externally and internally)
- Monitor and measure the success of the feature/product
- Lead decision on persist, iterate, or drop
We are looking for a Product Manager…
- with experience in working out what the right things to build are (as opposed to being told what to build by someone else!)
- with dual track (discovery/delivery) knowledge and ideally experience; at Cazoo we’re big fans of Marty Cagan
- who has worked with development teams to deliver amazing products with clearly measurable customer and business benefits
- with great stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- with an excellent sense of empathy for end-users
- who is comfortable with embracing ambiguity
- with the ability to compromise in the right way
- with a passion for product design
- who has a passion for bettering the product management practice
- who has experience working with other product managers in sharing ways of working to benefit the team
- with demonstrable ability to rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of your product’s domain
- who loves collaboration and has experience in leading varied groups to swift decisions