insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
The Director, Product Management is responsible for a product category within our portfolio of solutions for the Office of the CFO, driving and shaping the overall product strategy and roadmap with a focus on people management. You will mentor and manage a team of Product Managers and work directly with internal and external teams to identify opportunities, set product direction, and influence our releases. You will be the leader and end-to-end owner for a group of products, dedicated to driving the group’s profitable growth with a metrics-driven mindset.
This role is responsible for driving the product category vision and market strategy, business cases, roadmap, and the achievement of financial and customer experience goals. As the leader for your category, you will develop and execute the commercialization strategy across functions with responsibility for bookings, revenue, and margin. This includes ensuring that all departments are prepared for successful product launches and go-to-market execution.
You will work directly with product leadership, Sales, Marketing, Engineering to drive product ideation and roadmap development. We are looking for a natural problem solver who puts the consumer front and center, can work amidst ambiguity, and be willing and able to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
The successful candidate has a blend of visionary and analytical skills, can account for every dollar we invest in products, how it benefits the customer and creates value, and how/when we make a return on investment.
What will you do?
- Build a world-class team, identify team members strengths and use them successfully
- Continuously mentor and scale the product team while motivating product managers to deliver high quality work
- Manage the business metrics of the product category (bookings, revenue, margin, gross retention), providing recommendations to improve the commercial performance of our products and ensure financial goals are met
- Extract maximum commercial value from the product category through packaging, pricing, and new feature development
- Help shape and define the product team’s methodology while leveraging product and industry best practices
- Communicate and evangelize the product team’s goals and strategy to identify opportunities for synergy and build alignment across various stakeholders
- Drive the product strategy and roadmap to ensure that the company achieves its long-term business needs and goals
- Identify and define KPIs and metrics for the team to set targets and drive overall team performance
- Provide ongoing market analysis and action plans by tracking the market and competitive dynamics for the product category
A Successful Candidate will demonstrate:
- Commercial product management expertise – Demonstrate a track record of success in B2B product management
- Team Leadership – Build and develop a world-class team, identify team members strengths and use them successfully
- Strategic/Tactical Balance – Ability to balance the market and product vision with disciplined tactical execution
- Market Focus – Analyze and understand of market segmentation, trends, players and the impact to product commercialization and strategy
- Customer Focus – Analyze and understand voice of the customer (win/loss, NPS, customer interviews) and the impact to customer experience
- Cross-functional leadership – Lead and drive execution across Development, Sales, Marketing, Support, and Customer Success
- Drive & Grit – Operate in a fast-paced environment with a focus and determination to achieve high-quality results
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or in a related field
- 8+ years of experience in B2B software Product Management, Marketing or in a related area with commercial responsibilities
- 3 or more years of management experience
Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Pragmatic Marketing certified or related product management certification
- Ability to travel up to 25%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.