insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
The Senior Product Manager is the leader and end-to-end owner for a product line within our portfolio of Enterprise Performance Management solutions – and is dedicated to driving its profitable growth with a metrics-driven mindset. This role is responsible for driving the overall product vision and market strategy, business cases, roadmap, and the achievement of financial and customer experience goals. You are the market, customer, and product expert to the rest of the organization for your products’ segment. As the leader for your product line, you will develop and execute the commercialization strategy across functions for the products with responsibility for bookings, revenue, and margin. This includes ensuring that all departments are prepared for successful product launches and go-to-market execution.
You are also responsible for the overall product life cycle which includes gathering and prioritizing market requirements, determining the right mix of product initiatives that will maximize portfolio ROI, working with the development team on the delivery of capabilities, and confirming that the result meets the specified requirements and objectives.
The successful candidate has a blend of visionary and analytical skills, can account for every dollar we invest in products, how it benefits the customer and creates value, and how/when we make a return on investment.
What will you do?
- Manage the business metrics of the product line (bookings, revenue, margin, gross retention), providing recommendations to improve the commercial performance of our products and ensure financial goals are met
- Extract maximum commercial value from the product line through packaging, pricing, and new feature development
Drive highly effective customer experience as measured by NPS, understanding and improving the end-to-end customer journey
- Provide ongoing market analysis and action plans by tracking the market and competitive dynamics for the product line
- Identify and customer and market requirements through market analysis, win/loss calls, and voice-of-customer (VOC) interviews
- Drive delivery of market and customer requirements, including definition, prioritization, trade-offs, and execution of release goals
- Design and drive the product roadmap and portfolio for both short- and long-term growth by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, partners, ISVs, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success
- Execute new product launch plans, partnering with Product Marketing and Sales Enablement to provide product education, demonstrations, and expertise to internal and external customers
- Be the internal product evangelist and a sought after internal and external market expert and ensures that solutions meet user and business requirements
- Develop and execute product pricing plans including price change implementation and tracking competitive market pricing
- Drive and support ongoing sales and customer education and communication programs to ensure full understanding of product features, benefits and comparisons to competitive products and promote value-based selling propositions
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Commercial product management expertise – Demonstrate a track record of success in B2B product management
- Strategic/Tactical Balance – Ability to balance the market and product vision with disciplined tactical execution
- Market Focus – Analyze and understand of market segmentation, trends, players and the impact to product commercialization and strategy
- Customer Focus – Analyze and understand voice of the customer (win/loss, NPS, customer interviews) and the impact to customer experience
- Product Focus – Translate market and customer feedback into requirements, driving product delivery through an agile release process
- Cross-functional leadership – Lead and drive execution across Development, Sales, Marketing, Support, and Customer Success
- Drive & Grit – Operate in a fast-paced environment with a focus and determination to achieve high-quality results
- Engaging Presence – Use your interpersonal skills to effectively engage with prospects and customers, getting them excited to speak with you and learn more about their product use case
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or in a related field
- 6+ years of experience in B2B software Product Management, Marketing or in a related area with commercial responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Pragmatic Marketing certified or related product management certification
- Strong strategic development mindset
- Ability to travel up to 25%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.