Streetbees is building the world’s first platform to understand human behaviour and decision making. We make human data accessible, anywhere in the world, by connecting brands with real people on the ground to gather real-time in-the-moment insights at scale. We distil this data using machine learning technology to uncover not just what they do, but also why they do it, and what drives them – and predicts what they may do next.
Having recently raised our Series B investment led by Lakestar, Streetbees’ partners with world leading brands across the FMCG, Media and Entertainment, Retail & Insurance sectors and our clients include Unilever, PepsiCo, Sony Pictures, Carlsberg, Santander, Ikea, Vodafone and L’Oreal.
We’re now looking for an ambitious person to join our rapidly growing business as a Product Manager, so if you are excited by the idea of managing the creation of products that apply the latest in machine learning to disrupt an industry, defining what will become the new normal but doesn’t exist today, then this could be for you.
Our products apply process automation, analytics and machine learning technology to the unstructured data gathered from our community of over 3 million users around the world to understand what they are telling us, and the patterns and trends in their lives. It revolutionises the way that consumer insights can be gathered, giving the richness of open dialogue with users, but digitally native, in-the-moment and at a worldwide and continual scale. It provides a service that has simply not been possible before these innovations.
What you’ll be doing and why you’ll want to do it:
- First and foremost, you’ll be working with a small, friendly and exceptional group of people to build digital products that form the backbone of our offering, within what is becoming one of the leading tech businesses in the UK
- You’ll build and maintain relationships with the COO, the Operations Director as well as the Operations team leads, and build and manage a roadmap based on the company vision and guided by the metrics and key results that measure progress towards the objectives set.
- You’ll co-lead a cross-discipline agile team along with a tech lead, managing the backlog, specification and prioritisation processes and facilitating the key ceremonies (e.g. stand ups, retrospective, sprint planning).
- You’ll communicate progress to key stakeholders through a delivery update report and present to the leadership team and wider company on a regular basis.
- You’ll collaborate with the Engineering manager and the DevOps Lead to optimise development team ways of working to increase quality and output from the team, and you’ll manage key tech cross-stream dependencies or initiatives
- You’ll work closely with the Operations team to deeply understand their needs, opportunities and pain points and bring the Engineering team close to the problem to collectively/collaboratively solve complex business and operational problems
- You’ll be very data driven (we’re a data business after all) in defining and using metrics to measure results and progress
- Working with many stakeholders to deliver at speed working through multiple use cases and helping the engineering team to build great product.
- Cognitive Intelligence – you can think on your feet, seeing all the angles to best position the product/market fit.
- Stakeholder Empathy – you’ll be building deep, trusting relationships to dream up and deliver the best product you can with the team around you.
- Hunger for Success – you’ll be ambitious and proud of your achievements to date.
- Positivity – You’ve got the charisma, but not the ego, to make a good impression.
- A pro-active nature – You’re a self-starter who doesn’t need any guidance.
- Startup Attitude – you’re comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and you’re happy working with limited resources to hit the business needs, no matter what.
- Curiosity – You’re interested in learning about the industry and show an outstanding curiosity towards the client base.
- Start up type experience – You have most likely worked in fast-paced, high growth areas, where development is fast, continuous, and iterative. You thrive in these types of environments.
- You have an innate curiosity – you’re interested in learning about the industry and showcase an interest towards the client base.
- Organised with strong project management skills
- You’ll be an experienced Product Manager, having experience in managing and developing operational products – ideally within data businesses, but experience in other types of businesses with complex process automation, transaction processing and fulfillment operations are also relevant (E.g. eCommerce, Distribution, Retail, Fintech to name a few)
Knowledge of, or even experience with applying machine learning into products would be great. Whilst experience on this point is not a strict requirement, an enthusiasm for or interest in this fast-moving area of innovation would be a real plus.
- Given the complex end-to-end processes involved in enabling our products, experience before you became a Product Manager in Business Analyst roles is also applicable
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Solid technical background with understanding of software development and web technologies
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
At Streetbees, your company benefits will include:
- A 24-day paid holiday allowance with the option to rollover up to 3 days per year
- Option to choose between a Macbook Pro or a PC
- Flexible working hours – we trust people to manage their time and to focus on wider results; We now operate on a rota basis so people have access to the office when they desire some social interaction with their team or, simply, a break from home. We have taken every precaution to keep COVID-19 secure. The health and safety of our team is of the utmost importance.
- A pension scheme – our pension scheme means that Streetbees will pay a percentage of your salary towards your pension.
- The Streetbees Lifestyle Committee – any employee will have the opportunity to plan and manage a variety of Streetbees funded socials and activities for the team. Socials and day outs can involve anything from rock climbing or bowling to company meals or pub crawls.
- Friday Lunch – We all come together for lunch every Friday with a different cuisine each week, paid by the company. Vegetarian and vegan options are always provided.
- Office Food – Breakfast is on us every morning and if you need a coffee or a snack at any point throughout the day, please be our guest.
- Friday Catch-ups – Beers, wine, soft drinks and snacks provided as we celebrate the week’s successes and welcome newcomers.
- Paid volunteering days – one day per quarter with a registered charity of your choice.
- Audible subscriptions – the company is more than happy to pay for audio-books subscriptions of your choice on Amazon as we encourage wider and continued learning among our team.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Yoga – We have Yoga every Tuesday at 6:30pm, both in the office and live on Zoom so you can join in anywhere you like.
- Free drinks in the office!